Audi TT Forum banner

Bristol

12K views 48 replies 13 participants last post by  Fisher4772 
#1 ·
I'm new to TT lfie and the TTOC so forgive me if this has previously been answered, or is common knowledge. But are there any TTOC meet ups in and around Bristol? And if so when and where?

#3 ·
Hi. I'm afraid to have to say that Kate has decided to step down from the Bristol rep role, she's notified us of this last week mainly due to lack of time with her current work load.

If only we had someone really active and enthusiastic in that area Paul... ;)

#4 ·
Does anyone know how many members there are in the Bristol/south west area :?:
I've recently joined and I'm new to the TT scene, I was involved in running 'Weston super mini club' back in the 90's and it is a lot of hard work but very rewarding, we had a great social side with club meets, shows,track days and run outs, not sure if I'de ever get that involved again (my wife would kill me [smiley=smash.gif] ) but it would be good to meet some other members and maybe do a Sunday run to the pub....food for thought.

#9 ·
mountbattencars said:
Hi Guys, I am also new, planning on making the most of the castle combe events this year first being spring action day, I have a mk1 TT, using it for a bit of fun on track but would be good to meet other members enthusiastic about the German Machines!
Hi mountbattencars, I'm hoping to get to the castle combe events with the wife so hopefully we can meet up at some point during the day for a chat [smiley=gossip.gif]

All the best, Mark :)

#11 ·
I'm in the Bristol area. Have been to quite a few meets and in 2 French tours with James and the guys! Haven't been active due to other commitments but times on my side at the moment so could see an opportunity here!
Went to the castle Combe vag track day last summer awful turn out with no TTOC stand there.. :(

#12 ·
So do the Bristol guys have a time and place now days to meet?

I'm new to TT (one day in) but would ove to find out about the local club etc.

#14 ·
there were only a small number of us but enough to have a good time. As I've now taken over as the Thames Valley rep I've organised a May meet for over Marlow way (over 15 people attending I think so far) but I will be looking to move the meet locations around to give others a better chance of attending without having a massive trip to do :)

Maybe for you guys you should organise something for Bristol and see how it goes?

J
xx

#15 ·
Yep anyone from Bristol want to meet up and do something?

#19 ·
Well how about we start this week no time like the present and all that. The only night I can't so this week is Wednesday. Be good to meet some place that we can park at and get a coffee or something like that.

I know that a group of modded cars meet near me in Brislington at the Avon Meads retail park. When i have no idea but the location It's a huge car park with a Costa coffee, Krispy Kreme and would be a good start for us. If the weather is good we can be outside if it bad we can go in one of the above.

How about that for the first time then we can sort something out after that. Lets get a date and time. I'm easy just not this Wednesday.

#21 ·
That sounds great sorry didn't know. Would you be about this week? Any day after 6pm apart from Wednesday? I was thinking if some of us meet on a day then we can try and get a once a month date and pace sorted after this first time.

Someone talking in this thread about a lady that used to do this anyone know her? Be good to talk with her for a moment or two and see what has gone on in the past.

#22 ·
Volcom said:
That sounds great sorry didn't know. Would you be about this week? Any day after 6pm apart from Wednesday? I was thinking if some of us meet on a day then we can try and get a once a month date and pace sorted after this first time.

Someone talking in this thread about a lady that used to do this anyone know her? Be good to talk with her for a moment or two and see what has gone on in the past.
Pretty much limited to weekend meets due to work but def interested! Not 100% sure but I think there is a rep for the area although I can't seem to find who that is at the mo!!

#23 ·
Ok cool making notes in the hope we can sort it. How does a Sunday take you? Thinking sort of pre lunch. Just an idea

#25 ·
That would be great if you could.

#26 ·
Likewise the evenings could be trouble and clash with work, but a Sunday morning each month I would make an effort for, again subject to work as I do work some.

Also with the rep, I believe the Bristol rep stepped down. It would be good to get a couple of meets under way and appoint a new rep if anyone is game for it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.