Audi TT Forum banner

Joining the TTOC...

6K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  Lollypop86 
#1 ·
Forgive me, I'm thick. I'm not tech savvy...

If you go on the TTOC site there is nothing obvious to join it. No obvious link, no invitation. Just nothing.

Guys, if you want members, make it easy and obvious. Basic marketing.

That's all.

Rich :)

#3 ·
andyd1888 said:
go to the ttoc home page ,,,click on shop in the top right corner and take your pick of memberships ,,,,, simples :lol:
But it shouldn't be there. If I am looking to join I'm not looking to shop am I? Maybe after I join.

FFS marketing is shirt with the TTOC.

#6 ·
andyd1888 said:
sorry bud , didnt design the page only giving direction .
Not your fault at all. It's all about usability and at the moment it sucks.

#7 ·
Hoggy said:
Hi, Home Page, Club Info, TTOC membership details, & then there is a link to club shop to purchase.
May not be as easy for a 1st timer perhaps.
Hoggy. :D
It's amateur night.

Again.

FFS do they not actually test the process? It's elementary.

#9 ·
FFS just test everything from a user point of view.

Basics.

Just the baseline requirement.

FFS what are you guys doing? Do you test anything?

#11 ·
NickG said:
So much anger! [smiley=bomb.gif]

On another note, what is the benefit of joining TTOC?
I have been on here for years. You'd get angry if stuff wasn't fixed. Unless you're a non-entity like most of the population.

#13 ·
You managed OK the last three times and we haven't changed the shop one bit. :p If you require help just let me know and I'll walk you through the process. In fact click HERE . You'll need to get sent a new password because we've changed the software since your last order. Membership gives you three copies of absoluTTe ( the current one and the next two) or just the next two if you are renewing as well as window stickers the Gel badge and a membership card. Benefits include discounted entry to Stanford Hall and the alphabet shows and some new discounts to be announced very soon.

#16 ·
Wallsendmag said:
You managed OK the last three times and we haven't changed the shop one bit. :p If you require help just let me know and I'll walk you through the process. In fact click HERE . You'll need to get sent a new password because we've changed the software since your last order. Membership gives you three copies of absoluTTe ( the current one and the next two) or just the next two if you are renewing as well as window stickers the Gel badge and a membership card. Benefits include discounted entry to Stanford Hall and the alphabet shows and some new discounts to be announced very soon.
Now why can't there be a link just like the one you provided on the TTOC homepage? I wonder how many people get to the home page looking to join and then click away when they can't find out how.

I may have been a bit harsh last night but it's very easy for those living with a project to actually forget to view it as an end user might. You know where it is but someone fresh to it hasn't got a clue. Currently there is no invitation to join. Surely that would be the ideal place to put a fast track link into the relevant page of the shop. Exactly like you provided here.

Anyway, it seems like a blindingly obvious missed opportunity to me.

Thanks,

Rich :)

#18 ·
You having a pop at my design again Rich, thought we'd left 2007 behind ;) :p

Fair point tho, I'll see if there is an easy place/way to pop a new button on there to join up.

Drop me a PM with any other ideas, you know I'm the first to say I'm not a designer as I simply don't 'see' things like you do.

Cheers.

#19 ·
Nem said:

Fair point tho, I'll see if there is an easy place/way to pop a new button on there to join up.

Drop me a PM with any other ideas, you know I'm the first to say I'm not a designer as I simply don't 'see' things like you do.

Cheers.
:lol: :lol:

Yes we have Nick! This was more a criticism of functionality. :-*

But I'm please to see you understand what I'm getting at!

Cheers buddy,

rich :)

#20 ·
rustyintegrale said:
Nem said:

Cheers.

Cheers buddy,

I can see Rich's point Nick, it's quite a complex set of jumps to find how to join. A "call to action" would make joining far easier. (Sorry about the font, couldn't be arsed to go font hunting. :p )

#22 ·
Roller Skate said:
rustyintegrale said:
Nem said:

Cheers.

Cheers buddy,

I can see Rich's point Nick, it's quite a complex set of jumps to find how to join. A "call to action" would make joining far easier. (Sorry about the font, couldn't be arsed to go font hunting. :p )

Just regard it as an initiative test. If you're not smart enough and determined to find you're way thru then you're not good enough to join.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.