Audi TT Forum banner

Nurburgring?

10K views 53 replies 26 participants last post by  TTstang 
#1 ·
Dumb question :)
but how many people would be interested in a long weekend trip to the Nurburgring some time in 2011 or 12. I'm not going to promise I'll organise anything just gauging interest at the moment. If we go I would like to include a couple of laps over the weekend but don't think it would be any more than that as a group.

Before you think about saying yes take a look at this site. www.nurburgring.org.uk.

Kevin

#2 ·
Diveratt said:
Dumb question :)
but how many people would be interested in a long weekend trip to the Nurburgring some time in 2011 or 12. I'm not going to promise I'll organise anything just gauging interest at the moment. If we go I would like to include a couple of laps over the weekend but don't think it would be any more than that as a group.

Before you think about saying yes take a look at this site. http://www.nurburgring.org.uk.

Kevin
I would be interested kev provided you arrange it.

Would make a change to have a weekend off :p :p

#7 ·
Revolution said:
I would be up for it too.....

were planning to go this autumn - last week in september if anyone fancies coming along?

Glenn
Hi Glenn,
I was going to look at doing recy around then so I may be up for that Pm me and we'll see if we can tag up and make a mini ttour out of it.

The main trip would be in 2011 as I think it will need a bit more organisation if there is a big group.

Kevin

#9 ·
Diveratt said:
Revolution said:
I would be up for it too.....

were planning to go this autumn - last week in september if anyone fancies coming along?

Glenn
Hi Glenn,
I was going to look at doing recy around then so I may be up for that Pm me and we'll see if we can tag up and make a mini ttour out of it.

The main trip would be in 2011 as I think it will need a bit more organisation if there is a big group.

Kevin
Kev

If you want a passenger for the recce mate happy to come along.
So long as it is the back end of September I should be ok.
More than welcome to crash the night here ,the night before.

Cheers

Trev

#11 ·
sTTranger said:
id be interested today, was there today but it was shut to the public [smiley=bigcry.gif]
Hi Dave,
If you look at the web site in the first post there is a Ring calender which tells you when its open to the public its a lot less than you think so turning up on spec is a bit doddy.

Kevin

#12 ·
OK Folks, looks like the is a bit of interest so I see what I can do, Ben Lovejoy (The Ring Guru) reckons around £700 but that is with a 25 lap ticket over a weekend which may be a bit much on a first visit.

Kevin

#13 ·
With a cheap Eurotunnel crossing (£100 rtn) - fuel, 5 laps, 1 nights hotel accommodation + a couple of beers & a meal it was £600.

The laps on a tourist driving day are Eur.27 for a single - Eur.75 for 4.

25 laps is very ambitious, I did about 15 on an organized, open pit-lane, track day and the car was not happy at the end of it!

Great, great place...............

#14 ·
Thanks Scotty,
Good to get some feedback from someone who has been. I did think Ben Lovejoys 25 laps for a weekend was rather more than I would attempt so its good to have that confirmed.

The current plan is a personal "fact finding" trip this September and organise a TT trip for next year if all goes well .

Kevin

#17 ·
Hi Scotty,
Thanks for post on the Ring. Every little helps and I have never been so it will be a first for me, but I got bored waiting for some one else to organise it.

Current plan is a recce trip 27th to 30th Sept which fits in with my time off. What I would like to do is look at a few hotels so any recommendations would be good.The real event may not be till September 2011 which will give me lots of time to organise stuff and seems to be when the ring opens up anyway. I would also like to check the availability of the Ring taxi and may be book a couple of runs for any one that wants a ride to see how its really done.

Kevin

#18 ·
Bit of a necro here but oh well.

A friend is getting married next year and wants to go to the Nurburgring beforehand, if this trip is in the May - August range then we might try and tag along, only TT will be me though as he drives a 328, another guy is coming in a Scooby and prob a Porsche tagging along.

Anyway, count me as interested :)

#19 ·
Ok Matt,
Its still in the planning stage at the moment and I'm waiting to see what dates the circuit is open to the public, Not as often as you would think. I'll be posting somthing up when I have some news.

Kevin

#24 ·
Hi Folks this is still in the plan, I'm just waiting to see what the Ring calender looks like next year, no point in going if the place is shut.
I'm planning a trip across in the spring to look at a few hotels and I'll get post some dates up then ;)

Kevin

#25 ·
#26 ·
marcelloTTc said:
Bad news guys,maybe some of you know the story already:

http://jalopnik.com/5684589/save-the-nurburgring

http://www.facebook.com/SaveTheRing?ref=ts&v=wall

and last a petition to sign:
http://www.gopetition.com/petition/4169 ... ign=Latest

PS:If the new do not exist in the forum,can a moderator put this post on a 3d dedicated??
Waste of time putting this on here, i tried to get some interest when Donington was up against the wall but no one here was bothered. The wife and i went to the save Donington rally and we were the only TTOC members there. :x

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.