Audi TT Forum banner

******** INSURANCE scheme with CHRIS KNOTT :: 0800 917 2274

73K views 183 replies 58 participants last post by  ChrisKnottIns 
#1 ·
Hi to all!

This forum have been in discussion with ourselves about an insurance scheme for registered users on here. We are glad to say that we have signed the deal so I'd just like to introduce myself & our company!

Chris Knott Insurance - http://www.chrisknott.co.uk - have been involved with car clubs for over 20 years so hopefully we'll understand your needs & requirements!

The scheme is for both standard and modified cars with cosmetic changes and bhp increases by no more than 50bhp.

It starts for ages 25 and over, and you must have at least 1 year's NCB - no introductory discounts are allowed. TT 3.2cc's start at age 30 and you must have owned and driven that car for 1+ years.

All drivers must have held a full UK licence for at least 1 year, and to insure a 'performance' car, there must be at least 1 years experience of driving that, or similar bhp, car. Unfortunately, the scheme is not competitive on all M - Manchester, L - Liverpool, OL - Oldham & SK1-12 - Stockport postcodes, and excludes Northern Ireland. Maximum car value is £30,000.

No more than 1 SP/PC/PL conviction offence per driver.

The minimum premiums are £250 for Comprehensive & £200 for TPFT cover, so please don't ring if your quote is less than this!

We consistently have a very high renewal retention rate meaning that people renew with us because of our constantly competitive insurance premiums & experienced, reliable customer and claims service. That is why we can promote this insurance scheme knowing that we are in it for the long term.

I'll view the site regularly and try to answer any queries that you have also.

In the meantime, please feel free to call the New Business Team when you receive your renewal through. A dedicated team, with years of experience, is waiting for your call! (I personally don't do the quotes).

0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 (if phoning by mobile) & please don't forget to quote the reference found in my signature below and the club name!

See less See more
#3 ·
FinFerNan said:
Looks good!

Have you read "Cheap Insurance Warning" thread - do search.

EDIT: Found it -

http://www.********.co.uk/ttforumbbs/vi ... ce+warning

If so, how do you get on with the Approved repairers issue for the Mk2 cars?
Hi

That is a very good point. We are well aware of these policies in the market. We often encourage people to check their cover details, excesses, etc, from other companies before they sign up.

Our policies don't have any 'hidden extras'. After all, we've been doing these schemes for over 20 years so it shows people must be happy with what they are getting!

With approved repairers, it just speeds up the process. If members wish to use their own repairer then you usually just need to get an estimate & maybe fax it through to the insurance company.

In 20 years, I've never known a customer been asked to pay extra.

At the end of the day, you get what you pay for!

#4 ·
Tim

Sorry, I did not make myself clearl and you seem to have missed my point.

What I meant was, Thatcham did a report on repairs to cars with Aluminium structural/body parts. In short there are only 10 such approved repair shops in the UK (at the time the report was written)

My point was, many Insurance companies use their own "approved repairers" which is normally OK, but they may not be the ones who are able to repair the Aluminium parts in the Mk2.

Can you confirm that your offer would enable Mk2 owners to use one of these Thatcham Appoved repairers without any issues arising?

You may need to read the thread or better still follow the links via "Owners Area" to "Insurance and Approved Repairers here:

http://www.tt-portal.co.uk/ and read my write up on the subject.

Regards

Paul

#5 ·
Tim1 said:
Hi to all!

This post is on the Mk1 forum so I thought I'd post it on here.

The TT Forum have been in discussion with ourselves about an insurance scheme for TT members. We are glad to say that we have signed the deal so I'd just like to introduce myself & our company!

Chris Knott Insurance - www.chrisknott.co.uk - have been involved with car clubs for over 20 years so hopefully we'll understand your needs & requirements!

The scheme starts for ages 22 and over for Comprehensive cover, & 19 and over for TPF&T cover. All drivers must have held a full UK licence for at least 1 year, and had at least 7 months experience of driving a TT, or similar performance car. Unfortunately, it excludes Northern Ireland.

I'll view the site as regularly as I can and try to answer any queries that you have.

In the meantime, please feel free to call us when you receive your renewal through.

A dedicated team, with years of experience, is waiting for your call!

0800 917 2274 & please don't forget to quote 'TT Forum'!

Kind regards
Tim
Chris Knott Insurance
Official TT forum insurance scheme
0800 917 2274
Sounds ideal. Will be looking for my own insurance when the car comes in July (hopefully). Will get you a bell nearer the time.

#6 ·
TTBoy08 said:
Sounds ideal. Will be looking for my own insurance when the car comes in July (hopefully). Will get you a bell nearer the time.
Not knocking the above, but if you are buying a Mk2 please follow the links via "Owners Area" to "Insurance and Approved Repairers here:

http://www.tt-portal.co.uk/

and read my write up on the subject before you make your mind up.

#8 ·
sico said:
Can we chose our own repairer?

I read in Autocar this week that insurance companies can use their own which in turn invalidates the manufacturers warranty.
Hi
Yes you can use your own repairer if you wish.

Just mention this request to the claims handlers at the time.

#10 ·
Please don't forget to ring us at renewal time on the OFFICIAL CLUB SCHEME - 0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961. (Just quote the club name).

We are positively promoting this scheme because it's proving very popular and hopefully we can make a decent saving for you.

In fact, last month, we recorded out best ever income - that's in 25 years! - and the month before that, we had our record number of new customers in 5 years, so we must be doing something right!

One new customer recently quoted, 'I know people have already said this but i officially saved 50% through Chris Knott versus my renewal for my petrol VTS. far superior cover and i included my Wife too. unbelievable to be honest.'

#11 ·
FinFerNan said:
Looks good!

Have you read "Cheap Insurance Warning" thread - do search.

EDIT: Found it -

http://www.********.co.uk/ttforumbbs/vi ... ce+warning

If so, how do you get on with the Approved repairers issue for the Mk2 cars?
Hi
Here is the reply from the insurers -

'With regards your question. Although we an Audi Approved Repairer on the Highway Network, we are restricted to Approved Repairers that are both aluminium / Audi approved as you have rightly pointed out.
We recently had a case where we had to refer a vehicle to Audi West London for repairs after the original repairer, although Audi approved, could not complete repairs to the structural components because of the aluminium issue and the cross contamination issues that arises during the repair process.

In this scenario we would allow the owners of this particular model to utilise a specified Thatcham Approved repairer if required. We can also guide them into a recognised aluminium / Audi approved repairer if required.
Much of the requirement of this type of registered repairer depends on the extent and type of damage the vehicle has incurred.'

#13 ·
To mark the company's 25th Anniversary, we have arranged a celebration for staff that will result in the office's being closed all day on Wednesday, 23rd July. We deliberately chose a Wednesday which is generally a quieter day and, needless to say, we are open all day on the Tuesday and, more importantly, Thursday, when we will pick up any overflow & call-backs. We are writing separately to all clients whose renewals are due 23rd to 25th and will e-mail as many clients as we can for whom we hold addresses.
We will be leaving a self-explanatory recorded message and the website will also make reference to this one-off event.
Our apologies if this may cause any inconvenience but hopefully this will allow you time to contact us beforehand with any quotes or queries.
I would say though that the claims department will be open as usual - 24 hours a day.

#14 ·
Just called Chris Knott for a quote on a TTS... I was told that the TTS is not on the system and that the insurance company used would not insure a car valued over £30k :?

Luckily, I was told this before wading through the flood of questions and information - which was much appreciated of course, but the above two points are worth bearing in mind for others thinking of calling

#15 ·
I called them two days ago and they beat the nearest quote I had by about £200, and included someone else as a named driver, and use of car for business at no extra cost. Very good service, and pay monthly doesnt work out much more expensive, so I'll be using them.

#16 ·
Ive just had a quote from Sainsburys(£550- fully comp me and teh missus) which was 200 quid cheaper than the next two best options(tesco and esure)
Ive gone through the policy in detail, and everything seems to be covered, all extras named etc.
So why am I so sceptical about it............

#18 ·
Redbyte said:
Ive just had a quote from Sainsburys(£550- fully comp me and teh missus) which was 200 quid cheaper than the next two best options(tesco and esure)
Ive gone through the policy in detail, and everything seems to be covered, all extras named etc.
So why am I so sceptical about it............
Did you try our scheme?

#21 ·
In 2008 so far, we saved our new customers, on average, 15.5% off their BEST quote, not just their renewal price, but their BEST quote!

The scheme starts for ages 22 and over for Comprehensive cover, & 19 and over for TPF&T cover. All drivers must have held a full UK licence for at least 1 year, and to insure a 'performance' car, there must be at least 1 years experience of driving that, or similar performance cars. Unfortunately, it excludes all M (Manchester), L (Liverpool), OL (Oldham) & SK1-12 (Stockport) postcodes and Northern Ireland.

Please feel free to call us at renewal time!

#23 ·
mramessa said:
Just got a quote and could not come close to esure.

Unfortunatly not what i hoped for
Me too........

Ended up with swiftcover....With Quote of £275 then used a £25 voucherI found on the internet. So now £250. Still not satisfied, I found If I did a swiftcover link from www.Quidco so £45 cashback, (now down to £205!) Icing on the cake was using a new Amex card to pay (5% cashback first 3 months) so I ended up paying £194.75 instead of my Adrian flux renewal price of £375.

:p :p :p

#24 ·
Tried for a quote today and was told that they couldn't come close to the renewal offer by Direct link even with the 15% off from the forum offer! :?

Other quotes I have had from others were only £10-£20 more than direct line so I don't know how far out Chris Knott's were.....

Bit disappointed tbh.

#25 ·
That's a pity but tbh we are more than happy about how well the TT forum is performing on our insurance scheme. We are consistently having people insure with us (I check the figures each month) but I suppose we can't be all things to all people!

It's natural I suppose that people are more likely to post on here with 'negative' comments than those with positive!

Let's hope we can help you next year!

#26 ·
A new stipulation on the Insurance Scheme is that you must also have at least 1 year's NCB (unless you have NCB on a second car or a company car letter to state at least 1 year's claim free driving).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.