Audi TT Forum banner

Another possible solution to the lousy iPod interface

959 views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  markTT225 
#1 ·
I wrote to Dension last week and asked about their Gateway 100 and 300 products in relation to ID3 display on the multi-fuction display of my NavPlus - this is the reply I received today:

Our current Gateway 100/300 units can not display text information on the RNS, since they connect to its CD-Changer Port, which is not able to forward this information. Our developers are working on a new Gateway 100 and 300 unit, which will communicate trough the CAN Protocol of the car. This will make the Gateway 100/300 for Audi CAN able to display song information on the MFD.
Expected in the first quarter of 2008.

If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
Dension Support Team

So, looks like help may be on the way...

#3 ·
I've dropped the ipod connector on the new car as i dont see its value for money if you have satnav. Might as well just buy additional SD cards, which i just have - dont get me started on amazon and how they price these!!!

I'm on a Audi downer today they are such robbing gits with over inflated prices and poor specs so you have to buy things that should be std from the options list. Then they dont give you anything back for them come trade in.

G
#4 ·
Toshiba said:
I've dropped the ipod connector on the new car as i dont see its value for money if you have satnav. Might as well just buy additional SD cards, which i just have - dont get me started on amazon and how they price these!!!

I'm on a Audi downer today they are such robbing gits with over inflated prices and poor specs so you have to buy things that should be std from the options list. Then they dont give you anything back for them come trade in.
TT-S bit more expensive then you thought then?

#5 ·
Not thought of it that way, I've just been playing with the options again. I've added the Auto pack and dropped ipod. Like i say with satnav i dont see i will use it and i can spend £30 on SD cards and 120 on beer. :p

Just think the specs are mean at times. fiesta gets the Autopack as std at 8k. All BMWs get cruise and parking as std. Just an observation really.

G
#6 ·
Toshiba said:
Not thought of it that way, I've just been playing with the options again. I've added the Auto pack and dropped ipod. Like i say with satnav i dont see i will use it and i can spend £30 on SD cards and 120 on beer. :p

Just think the specs are mean at times. fiesta gets the Autopack as std at 8k. All BMWs get cruise and parking as std. Just an observation really.
Thing is, you start thinking i can do without this and that and eventually the car is bare. Saying that, the tt-s is amply specced.

I was lucky mine had everything i wanted in.

The other side of the coin is you tick all the buttons, really have a good time with all the toys and lose a packet on trade in where options are worth nowt.

Got a colour yet?lol

#7 ·
Colour, Yep. Had a really good look round the S3s and RS4s and sprint blues not for me so thats been changed too. It looked like a base colour IMO and needs to be clean and have the sun on it to look half good, so i've changed the colour yet again. :p

#9 ·
Toshiba said:
couldn't agree more ... on premium cars you should rightly expect a higher level of basic spec. it's taken long enough to get aircon as standard, and i'd deem that as essential. things like cruise and pdc should be a given on a car like this.

many new cars are coming with a aux jack as standard too, which i believe the tt finally has, which would suit most people's needs.

i appreciate that all these things add to the cost and/or eat into the profit margin (more the former than the latter i suspect) but if they were included in the base spec they'd be cheaper overall.

#11 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.