Audi TT Forum banner

The gearbox Knob Removal in TT mk2

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  ScoobyTT 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!

Nice to see so many people with Audi TT. I have one request for people who made some changes or know how to remove/dismantle the manual gear knob from Audi TT mk2 TTS or TTRS.

I have Audi TT mk2, and I want to remove the knob, and I don't know how to remove the silver ring and leather cone.

My version of gear is:
http://cdn-www.rsportscars.com/images/a ... detail.jpg

Please for help.
Michael

#4 ·
Who cares why? Are the dimply knobs TTS ones? Surely all manual knobs have 123456R on them rather than any model logo so the question is dimples or no dimples. You can keep the dimply steering wheel - more to clean and it looks a bit naff - but the knob's nice :wink:

I don't know about the TT but on previous cars of mine the knob just twists off like a regular bolt but can be very tight to start off. Someone on here must have done it though, and I woudln't mind knowing either as mine's a little scuffed from the previous owner and I've thought about replacing it at some point.

#5 ·
ScoobyTT im from Poland from Gdansk and I have Audi TTRS gray suzuka, first off I'd like to swap the gear knob in my little TT - and mount a new one from Audi R8 (manual gear). Yesterday I was trying to remove it not by force, only thing which I was able to do was taking off the leather cone from the gear stick, I can make some photos today... if this will help in this case.

Also like you sad Scooby I'm waiting for answer from experienced TT,TTS,TTRS users... how to do it ;)
In my old TT224psQuattro it was very simple but in TTRS.. the situation is a little bit difficult.. :?

#6 ·
michaelTT said:
Newt I'd like to swap it to another one.. just I'd like to change it and i need some help how to do this.
It may be worth doing a search on here this has disscussed before, however it may have been mainly on DSG gearboxes, It has been stated on here that you cannot swap a TTS dsg knob and lever with a standard TT dsg.

#7 ·
I can find posts on the DSG knobs (tricky!) but nothing on the manual one. Someone asked about 3 or 4 years ago but they never posted back if they managed to do it. Someone must have had their knob away in 4 years, surely! :roll:

(It's Friday, I'm allowed 1 knob pun!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.