Audi TT Forum banner

Window doesn't drop

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  jayz_son 
#1 ·
Just developed a new problem an hour ago. Drivers window doesn't drop on opening the door and doesn't seat up on closing therefore when driving it sounds like the window is open a fraction (which it is) v.annoying. Did a search first on the forum and tried the resetting function about ten times to no avail. When I unlock the doors the interior lights come on but the dash doesn't light up. Microswitch gone??? I am technically useless so how much is that going to cost me at Audi ???

#5 ·
#7 ·
I have just brought a new drivers door lock module from Camberley for £107 inc VAT.
That is a rip-off price.
Following the "how to" to change it myself, I reckon about 1.5 hrs if I take my time.

#8 ·
Might be worth investigating it a bit more as the dash should light up at the same time as the interior lights come on. If you open the door and only the interior light comes on then the switch sounds to be ok.

So I'd have another play before parting with £100 for a lock.

#10 ·
I might just need a reset mine when a while ago from what I remember you need to open the push down lightly on the top of the window so it drops with the pressure still on the window click the window switch as if you are trying to raise the window .
Mine worked after that

Kevin

#11 ·
mattw said:
just phoned Swansea Audi £272 for new door lock and 1.5hrs labour :eek: might ring a few auto electricians !
this is what they quoted me mate i told them to f-off

i did it myself it really isnt that hard

once the door panel is off, getting the microswitch out is really easy

hardest thing is getting the door catches back into posotion, only fiddly not difficult

the key lock from outside is simple to put back into place too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.