Audi TT Forum banner

TTS Front Left suspension issue?!

698 views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  zltm089 
#1 ·
Hello ladies and gents...

Had the car for a while now and I've noticed that everytime I go on a speed bump, theres a "knocking" noise coming from the front left tyre/ suspension...its as if the tyre is hitting the inside arch?!...speed is relatively slow...

I tried going on the speed bump with the right tyre going "first" and theres no "knocking", only with the left ....

Has anyone experienced this?

The car drives perfect, no laser alignment or balancing needed.

Anyone can recommend an Audi dealership (around london, I don't mind travelling up to 2 hours) with a reliable master tech who knows his stuff.

#5 ·
#9 ·
RESULT!!!!!!....

I went to Audi Docklands today. Was greeted by the Head of Business, who introduced me to the Master Tech. What can I say, the service was outstanding!!! The Master Tech went with me for a drive ( I drove) and although the knocking noise wasn't as pronounced (as usual when you want to replicate a fault on a test drive, the fault never appears!!!)

But after a few minutes going over the speed bump, the guy knew that something didn't sound "right". We went back to the dealership and car went straight in the workshop.

What was causing the knocking noise, a stone in the suspension!!!.... :evil: Didn't really understand where exactly it was....but hey, its all sorted now!!!....Going over speed bumps at faster speed and no noise!!!....

Little things that made this a good experience:

Greeted warmly! ( Although, they knew that I didn't buy the TT from them, I was only here because I had an issue with the car and wasn't even sure if warranty would cover...) Coffee and tea offered etc

Very patient and knowledgeable tech. The Master Tech actually was very open and understanding. Sometimes on these kind of "fault seaching" test drives, you do feel like you're being treated like a liar or the "fault" is in your mind. But NOT on this one!!! The Master Tech was patient and asked lots of questions. ( Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for Audi Victoria, where the tech actually drove the car for longer and did not find anything wrong!!! and had the cheek to say that "its a sports car and I need to get used to it" ?!! WTF ...Muppet!!!)

Finally, the Head of Business came to tell me about the outcome and that the car is waiting for me outside.

THANK YOU AUDI DOCKLANDS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.