Audi TT Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

TTOC Scottish Weekend in Aviemore and Skye

26K views 301 replies 26 participants last post by  Nem 
#1 ·
Here it is folks the one you've been waiting for, we're looking at 11th/12th /13th May with the idea of staying in Aviemore and Uig on Skye. Slightly later this year so we can take advantage of the summer ferry timetable allowing us some island hopping opportunities. Meet up Friday night staying at The Hilton Coylumbridge , drive out on the Saturday, lunch around Loch Ness then on to Uig on Skye staying at the Uig Hotel. Nice meal Saturday night and then a Sunday drive south via Armadale and the ferry to Mallaig then lunch possibly at the Green Welly in Tyndrum and goodbyes .

Been having a look at Hotel 1 for the Friday night . They seem to have really cheap offers including Bed breakfast and dinner for £92 per room and it's quite central and easy for everyone to get to for a first stop. Then driving to Skye via Inverness ,Loch Ness,Kyle and the bridge on the Saturday. Stopping over in Uig, Hotel 2 This hotel is £90 double £55 single plus £15pp for a three course meal. Then back via the ferry,(£31.30 for a car and two people), Mallaig and Fort William on the Sunday.:p
NAMES
Val & Andrew
Trev & Evelyn
Hev & Pete
Brian
Keith & Sandra
Jonathan & Tracey
Dani & John
Mark & Deborah Davies
James Karen and Adrian
Mal and Elaine
Matthew and Naomi ?
Henry and Tracey ?
Davyrest?
Andy and Beth?
TT RS ?

Scotland where it's all happening :p

See less See more
#104 ·
I was also wondering why the ferry when the bridge is now free? However if it makes for a more interesting drive I'm happy to take the boat. It's not extortionate.

Andrew, I'm just waiting to get confirmation that my leave has been granted at work, which should come through in the next day or so. Once that's done I'll get the hotels booked and get the money to you for the ferry. Do you know if the hotels still have rooms?

#105 ·
the bridge is just going back the way you came, the ferry makes a nice round trip

#106 ·
Mark Davies said:
I was also wondering why the ferry when the bridge is now free? However if it makes for a more interesting drive I'm happy to take the boat. It's not extortionate.

Andrew, I'm just waiting to get confirmation that my leave has been granted at work, which should come through in the next day or so. Once that's done I'll get the hotels booked and get the money to you for the ferry. Do you know if the hotels still have rooms?
Both showing as available at the moment Dinner Bed and Breakfast at Coylumbridge is still £92 and don't forget to mention the TT meet at the Uig hotel dinner bed breakfast is £120 there.
The Ferry to Malliag lops a large corner off and adds something different to the whole event .

#107 ·
Andrew,

Got the hotels booked now. The Hilton is still offering the deal on dinner, bed and breakfast and we had no trouble getting double rooms at either.

Want to add us to the list in the first post? And what's the situation with the ferry? I noted you'd originally booked for 10 cars but I see we have more than that now. Want to drop me a line with details for payment if you are booking the rest of the ferry centrally?

Cheers,

Mark.

#112 ·
Sorry it took so long .. brain like a ... err.... one of those kitchen things for draining ... err .. what the ferry doesn't leak like hopefully :wink:

Oh by the way, the nice man in Uig said he was only thinking of Newcastle yesterday. You must have made an impression!

#119 ·
Wallsendmag said:
trev said:
Though there was another meet going to Skye :oops: did you change the heading !
Thought it could do with an update
Drop the prices then that's an update :wink:

#122 ·
Looking good for this if its not too late to book the ferry, will no for deffinate next week. Have checked and both hotels still available. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.