Audi TT Forum banner

How much engine oil for V6?

2K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  gogs 
#1 ·
Hi,

Plan to get the engine oil and filter and haldex oil and filter changed in the next day or so, how much oil does the V6 take? Any recommendations for which brand/type ?

Thanks

Gogs

#6 ·
Gogs
I use Castrol Edge - some good deals on eBay usually.
As for spec you need to buy vw 502 spec, which is best in the long term. Sae 5w-40 preferred or SAE 5w- 30 alternatively ( I quote the Bentley manual here) though no audi pec is officially listed.
- capacity is 5.5 litres including filter.
- Remember don't overfill or you'll contaminate the cat.
- get a new drain plug.
Put 0.5l less than capacity in after change. Run engine to 60c switch of and wait 3 mins then top up as necessary.

Haldex part number G 052 175 A1 contains 275ml.

Brian

#8 ·
Hoggy said:
Hi, Correct UK Audi spec for Annual or AVS service regime is 504/507 or the older spec of 503.01 ...
502 spec is for 180 & lower bhp engine.
Hoggy. :D
Many thanks Hoggy iPhone typo my bad.
But I stand by SAE 5w-40 in preference to 5w-30.

#12 ·
Hi Hoggy,

The 5w-30 is widely available, I was trying to find the 5w-40 as per a previous post, anyway just back from Audi where I was collecting the new filter and drain plug, asked them how much for oil and they said 6 LTRS + filter + drain plug for £59 inc vat, just bought it from them and it's castrol edge :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.