Audi TT Forum banner

Quattro problem...

662 views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  2west 
#1 ·
Im not sure if this is a problem or its just normal, as ive never had a quattro..

But when im full locking the car (left or right) doing a slow turning circle, the back wheels try to grip/spin and has like a bunny hopping effect? It also smells like clutch when it does this...

Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks in advance

Jake

#3 ·
Heard of this a few times on the forum and think its usually down to the Haldex controller and or bad connections on the connecting plugs due to water ingress.

Have either of you scanned your car for faults ?

When was Haldex oil & filter last replaced ?

#4 ·
I have no faults reported and I get a vibrating sensation from the rear when on full lock. No other issues and car seems to work fine, and I have found it is very sensitive to tyre pressures, thats usually my queue to check tyre pressures.

#5 ·
nilrem said:
Heard of this a few times on the forum and think its usually down to the Haldex controller and or bad connections on the connecting plugs due to water ingress.

Have either of you scanned your car for faults ?

When was Haldex oil & filter last replaced ?
No the car has ever been plugged in. And i not at home atm, i'll have a look at the SH when i get home

Thanks

Jake

#8 ·
Hi, From a post by Poor1.

I bought my earth strap here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130723716112? ... 1439.l2649

They tailor made it for me as follows:
8 inches long, with a 6mm hole on one end and an 8mm hole the other. Better strap than the OEM. About £4.50 and delivered within a couple of days.
Halfords stock earth straps too, not such good quality and you might have to take whatever length and combination of holes they have. The length is critical.

Hoggy. :D

#13 ·
Hi,
I had exactly the same problem with my TT, 2001, 225 HP (quattro). Googled a lot, found out that is should be something with the haldex... Brought the car to the dealer. They told me my reardifferential was broken, that would be 3000 euro.
I didn't believe that would be the problem, so did not change the diff.
Changed haldex fluid, that didn't help.
Finally went to another dealer: they agreed there was a haldexproblem. Changed the haldex controller (1400 euro), then the problem was gone. It's driving perfect now (it's about a year ago).

So the problem is probably the haldex controller (or maybe the connector of the haldexcontroller?).
You could try to get a used controller from someone who changed the OEM controller to a sporty one (a blue haldex I think).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.