Audi TT Forum banner

ULTIMATE Audi TT Mk1 Cluster Upgrade - ColourMFA

23K views 80 replies 38 participants last post by  StuartDB 
#1 ·

Compatibility and installation guide for TT's coming soon.

Basically it's a whole refresh of the cluster - the video shows the process... and yes it is very involved!

Is it worth the trouble? HELL YES!!!

*chucks old boost gauge in the bin*

I think the video will explain for itself what this does .... enjoy :)

#3 ·
3TT3 said:
sort of a fancy liquid tt incorporated into the dis?
is it perma connected into obd port?
I think it uses the k line from the cluster to get the ecu info

#5 ·
longodds said:
I like that, but it looks like another expensive accessory :)
yes another one to add onto the list but this is live diagnostics at your fingertips and right in front of your face. Very well worth it especially if you have performance mods.

Beunhaas said:
3TT3 said:
sort of a fancy liquid tt incorporated into the dis?
is it perma connected into obd port?
I think it uses the k line from the cluster to get the ecu info
It uses k-line for comms - but the wires will directly solder into the green, blue & grey plug pins on the board - watch the video again and you will see this :)

anyone know how to have the video displayed in the post rather than an ugly link to click to?

#8 ·
I want one!

W

#11 ·
Yeah you guys are right in saying the control is via the wiper stalk controls. Surprisingly fast when searching through measuring blocks in that you can just hold it down and get to the triple figures pretty quickly.

Thanks for making the video display automatically!

Rocker tt - beauty of it is you can make it as complicated or as simple as you like.

Each of the information quadrants can be set to a blank but there's just sonmuch great information to be displayed I needed to make use of it. Hence me leaving the radio station information to the wayside for more engine readings.

#14 ·
ianpgonzaga said:
Why are you missing the trip computer??
Unbeliveably some models were supplied without it...
For some other VAG models it is just a question of fitting a new stalk and changing the cluster coding. Or so I read.
Not tried it myself though, and did not find any posts of it being done on TTs.

#21 ·
Why put this in front of me [smiley=bigcry.gif] this would make the car look modern as hell again. Its just now starting to look dated at 18 years old. I want one so bad!

#23 ·
davidalindsey said:
Any update on this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
It is doable since most TT's would be can bus compabitle (with the three plugs in the back of cluster)
- there is a lot of modding to do on the original cluster
- as per the 8L cluster you need to remove the original LCD's housing plus all the littler LED's behind it
- then you proceed to wire it in
- major cutting of the high beam light is required due to the screen being tall

Van Well said:
ianpgonzaga said:

Compatibility and installation guide for TT's coming soon.

Basically it's a whole refresh of the cluster - the video shows the process... and yes it is very involved!

Is it worth the trouble? HELL YES!!!

*chucks old boost gauge in the bin*

I think the video will explain for itself what this does .... enjoy :)
That is pretty awesome, Ian! 8)
it's pretty amazing! I love it every time i turn the car on

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.