Audi TT Forum banner

Fitted new Xtrons Android Headunit - Love it!

46K views 111 replies 44 participants last post by  mediarascals 
#1 ·
Fitted a Xtrons Android Headunit last night. Very pleased with it so far. Still making tweaks to the sound do get a little more power and bass. Google maps works a treat on it.

Few questions for people that may also have a headunit like this:

1. On the original headunit I could enable and disable the interior lights when the door opens. Now the interior lights don't work at all. Anybody else had this issue?
2. Currently the volume button on the steering wheels changes the volume but also cycles through apps, any fix for this?

http://xtrons.co.uk/pb76attap-7-hd-digi ... t-mk2.html

See less See more
#9 ·
Franzpan said:
I seriously want one now tbh! Price is decent too I was expecting a lot more than £309. Is it pretty much plug and play out of the box or is there a lot of wiring or coding needed?
I brought it because I really wanted a OEM look but with all the tech. It really does look great in the car and looks like audi pushed it from the factory with it in. You can get it for less than £309, if you sign up on their website you can get an extra 15% off your first order. I paid £263.50 in the end.

#10 ·
I was looking at one of these but read conflicting reports on unit and sound quality. How are you finding it ?

#11 ·
Add a full review to the thread in my signature.

#14 ·
alexharvey52 said:
andys_tts said:
I was looking at one of these but read conflicting reports on unit and sound quality. How are you finding it ?
Sound quality seems great, very configurable. Do note I have not got the BOSE system though.
So I'm guessing with my Bose it should be pretty good. So before I go off trigger happy and buy one this weekend. Is it just the connect2 rack I'll need ?

#17 ·
The only thing I'm hesitant about is future updates. I find modern technology, phones especially have a life of not much more than 4 years. If the hardware itself lasts that long then the software seems to fall behind the times.

#18 ·
Franzpan said:
The only thing I'm hesitant about is future updates. I find modern technology, phones especially have a life of not much more than 4 years. If the hardware itself lasts that long then the software seems to fall behind the times.
And this is where these units are great. Apart from the regular updates to the stock ROM there are also multiple developments in progress. I am using one of these branches and there have been some really great releases making the unit even better.

#20 ·
alexharvey52 said:
I brought it because I really wanted a OEM look but with all the tech. It really does look great in the car and looks like audi pushed it from the factory with it in. You can get it for less than £309, if you sign up on their website you can get an extra 15% off your first order. I paid £263.50 in the end.
how to get the 15% off? cant see it in the web site!

#21 ·
alexharvey52 said:
Bobo2211 said:
Have you checked both speaker in the rear seats whether they work?
Yes they are working. I used to fader to check if they were playing by turning off the front speakers.
What did you have to do differently given you have a non Bose car. I don't have Bose either but I thought I read that install of these xTrons was more complicated if you didn't have Bose? Really interested in picking up one of these to replace my Concert. Also interested in the reversing camera for this.

#22 ·
tdi_van said:
alexharvey52 said:
how to get the 15% off? cant see it in the web site!
You need to sign up to their VIP club and you will get a code by email. VIP15 last time I got it.

#23 ·
Calibos said:
alexharvey52 said:
Bobo2211 said:
Have you checked both speaker in the rear seats whether they work?
Yes they are working. I used to fader to check if they were playing by turning off the front speakers.
What did you have to do differently given you have a non Bose car. I don't have Bose either but I thought I read that install of these xTrons was more complicated if you didn't have Bose? Really interested in picking up one of these to replace my Concert. Also interested in the reversing camera for this.
I have non Bose and it fitted without any alterations. Also fitted the reversing camera, will take some photos tomorrow. I will also post pics of my reversing camera since I did alter it quite a bit.

#24 ·
Still can't seem to get any feedback on the sound quality. It's all well having lots of functions and a coloured touch screen but if the sounds crap there's little point me changing my Concert.

If you have an Xtrons unit, what's your view on sound quality compared to a stock unit ?

#25 ·
andys_tts said:
Still can't seem to get any feedback on the sound quality. It's all well having lots of functions and a coloured touch screen but if the sounds crap there's little point me changing my Concert.

If you have an Xtrons unit, what's your view on sound quality compared to a stock unit ?
The Xtrons has a notably quieter maximum volume and significantly less bassy, even after tweaking the equaliser. Having said that, you can get a decent sound out of it (you have to set the fader towards the back as it seems to favour that front middle speaker way too much by default, and fiddle with the EQ until you find something you like) and the volume going from 0-30 I find 20 is still usually more than enough. I have the same Xtrons unit as the OP, so I'm curious if he has the same experience as me :)

#26 ·
My hunch is you don't buy the Xtrons for sound quality, you buy it for tech. I'm not in a position to replace my HU yet, but I think I'll probably land up going to one of the more traditional ICE manufacturers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.