Audi TT Forum banner

TTS Maxton front splitter

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  P111AOL 
#1 ·
Hey guys and gals

Has anyone fitted there own and if so, is it an easy job?
Is it doable on your drive?
Any input appreciated

#2 ·
I fitted one on mine and it really depends on what sort of job you want to do... You could just ignore the fitting kit and slam it on with a load of self tapping screws... Or you could use the bolt's supplied, which involves either removing the existing splitter on a tts (this is what I done) fix the splitter off the car to the existing (you will need to buy some replacement pop rivets). This can be done with the car on the drive.

Or get it in the air on a lift remove the under tray and drill and fit.... Not a driveway job.

#4 ·
Awesome info cheers
I've seen the self tapper option on YouTube but I've had my front lip wrapped so I'd need to get at it if the wrap ever gets damaged?!
Think I'll have to fit the proper way.. or should I say pay someone to fit the proper way :p

#5 ·
C00P5TT5 said:
I fitted one on mine and it really depends on what sort of job you want to do... You could just ignore the fitting kit and slam it on with a load of self tapping screws... Or you could use the bolt's supplied, which involves either removing the existing splitter on a tts (this is what I done) fix the splitter off the car to the existing (you will need to buy some replacement pop rivets). This can be done with the car on the drive.

Or get it in the air on a lift remove the under tray and drill and fit.... Not a driveway job.
Certainly is a driveway job...

This is my third maxton splitter and second bumper :roll:
I certainly would not recommend just sending in self tapping screws to hold it on.

Just get the bumper off, only 9 T25 - 5 at from of the under tray, 2 in each wheel arch liner, headlights out to access the x4 10mm bolts into the wings. I think I can now do this in 10 minutes with the practise I've had :lol:
Personally have mine bolted with 12 bolts - 6 a side, some of the maxton ones supplied can be a little short to go through thicker parts of the bumper.
I have then additionally secured the lip at the further forward point to the stock splitter with
https://www.toolstation.com/forgefast-m ... rew/p78558

#6 ·
#8 ·
I removed my existing TTS lip, fitted that to the new splitter first and then removed the fog lamp grills which allows great access to the under tray and inner wings and bolted the ends of the new splitter through. Really easy and secure.

Bonding is a must on the side skirts as you can't bolt these right through and have to use their supplied self tappers.

The rear and rear sides bolt through nice and secure.

#10 ·
C00P5TT5 said:
Sorry what I meant to say was the third option isn't a driveway job... Unless you have a lift on your driveway?
Still uncertain what you mean. Don't see why you'd opt to drop the tray and that requires it being on a ramp?
That could easily be done on the driveway, only an undertray, but all inner arches and etc would be in the way of nut and bolting it.
Bumper off is definitely the best way of securing it, without question.

sj7272 said:
Great feedback guys so thanks but I've taken the easy route and got it booked in to my local tuning place to fit for me
£60 and no hassle plus warranty on the work is worth it
That is a really good price to be fair! Not trying to be a negative but might be worth checking that they will be bolting it on rather than the self tapper route. But with the warranty factored in, can't really grumble even if it was .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.