Switch to full site
Discuss all things to do with the MK1 TT 8N (1999-2006)
Post a reply

Re: S-line differences to a normal mk1

08 Feb 2020, 12:38

Hi,

Is there anything on the registration doc or in the option codes which identifies an s-line?

Mine has some external badges and spoilers but I'm not convinced.

Pete

08 Feb 2020, 16:37

chivvyp wrote:Hi,

Is there anything on the registration doc or in the option codes which identifies an s-line?

Mine has some external badges and spoilers but I'm not convinced.

Pete

Where are you? From my digging around, at least in the U.S., all V6s were S-line in badging and features with the caveat that there appear to have been some upgrades available on the Bose system, but even the "basic" Bose in the V6s in the U.S. seem to qualify as what looks like an S-line package, at least as far as I can tell. However, I will throw out the disclaimer that I've not seen an official statement, and this is all based on my observations as I tried to figure out what my S-line really was.

08 Feb 2020, 19:49

I'm in UK.

Pete

08 Feb 2020, 20:26

Try this site - enter your option codes:

http://igorweb.org/equidec.aspx

And I've uploaded a list of VAG option codes I came across, and it looks like:

E4J = "S line"
Attachments
vag-option-codes.pdf
(2.34 MiB) Downloaded 17 times

08 Feb 2020, 22:40

The official TT s-line in the UK, had the same bumper and rear spoiler as a stock 225 TT. As people said it was a short run for about 3 months Nov 2001 - Jan 2002, before the facelift.

Its crazy they made such a fuss, the BAM S3 was lighter and had proper back seats.

https://www.parkers.co.uk/audi/tt/coupe ... ine-(225ps)-2d/specs/

Although, this picture (red v6?) shows a V6/QS front bumper. But neither of those cars existed in 2001.

I'm sure there's somewhere you can enter you vin number and you will get to trim level.

09 Feb 2020, 01:32

kimavus wrote:i never had flaps or a steering wheel badge

kim

so sorry :?

12 Feb 2020, 22:07

I don't have a steering wheel badge... i have only leather inserts in a plastic door card...

12 Feb 2020, 22:07

I don't have a steering wheel badge... i have only leather inserts in a plastic door card...

12 Feb 2020, 22:51

i dont have a steering wheel badge either :roll:

15 Feb 2020, 02:02

roddy wrote:i dont have a steering wheel badge either :roll:

the S-line badge is a bit crap... maybe discerning owners have opted to delete...

15 Feb 2020, 09:32

My local Audi dealer printed off the build specification against the VIN number, gives all the PR codes and what they mean etc.
Attachments
664E7E72-C5DF-4770-9F73-16F5968EEC39.png

15 Feb 2020, 10:41

What does that tell you? It has tyres, it doesn't have a remote garage door opener, it has UK safety stickers.

15 Feb 2020, 12:16

StuartDB wrote:What does that tell you? It has tyres, it doesn't have a remote garage door opener, it has UK safety stickers.

It will tell you all the options that your car came from the factory with when delivered, that is just a sample of the 4 pages that were given to me. Along with interior/exterior colour codes etc. Quite handy when looking at parts catalogue and multiple part numbers are specified for a given year of manufacture.

15 Feb 2020, 12:30

Arhh, so does a 2001 s-line have a special option code?

15 Feb 2020, 17:53

StuartDB wrote:Arhh, so does a 2001 s-line have a special option code?

If you ordered a TT with an s-line specification it should have the PR code E4J as “torgueit” stated earlier in the thread.
Post a reply