Audi TT Forum banner

Drivers seat reach adjustment

912 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  David C 
#1 ·
Hi I've just bought a year 2000 TT and when I test drove it the drivers seat wouldn't go far enough forward, meaning my clutch foot was on tiptoes to engage the peddle. The seat wasn't at the front of the runner by any means but there appeared to be a stopper about 2 ins (5cm) back from the end. The passenger seat however moved to the front of the runner without any stopper. The previous owner was very tall I believe whilst I'm 5ft 7ins so short but not unlike many TT owners I'm sure. Is there a way to adjust/alter this, it only needs to go forward about 3cm or so.

Thanks

#4 ·
Welcome :p I'm 5 9 and can reach the pedals with adjustment to spare so I'd say there is defo something stopping the seat adjustment

#7 ·
Sometimes, all kinds of garbage tends to collect in the seat runners and can cause sliding issues. If it is a hard stop, the prev. owner maybe had the seat out and didn't bother to properly adjust the seat stop as he didn't need it. I had my seat out and had to reset the stop as the runner slid out of position in comparison with the other.

Have a look at the seat schematic and see which parts of the runner it could be. I'm 5'8" and I can move so close to the wheel I can't turn the wheel.

#9 ·
Hi everyone thanks for your ideas re the seat adjustment. Now I have the car I've taken a closer look. There were two plastic stoppers set back from the end of front part of the runners, these popped out easily, however the seat still won't really go any further forward. It feels like when pushing the seat right back and then sliding it forward when it stops its a definite stop, like its hit a stopper. I'd checked other ideas suggest by other owners on this forum, but the runners are clean and the heated seat wiring is all out of the way.
Someone suggested popping the seat out... sounds easy but I'm really not sure how to do this as I can't see other than removing the alien key looking fixings on either side?
A question for you all. When the passenger seat goes right forward the edge of the seat pad slightly pushes into the angled bar /grab handle to the left of the gear lever. On the drivers side at its furthest forward position it is about 1cm away from the angled bar. TT mark one owners when your seat is in its furthest forward position on the runner does your seat pushing slighting into this angled grab handle?
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.