Switch to full site
Discuss cleaning and detailing - also show off your work!
Post a reply

Re: HOW TO - Leather Care

27 Apr 2017, 06:08

Have ordered the liquid leather.. My concerns are though.. I have the white baseball stitching seats (think that's what others have called them) will the product discolour the stitching so instead of white I will end up with whatever colour the liquid leather is?

28 Apr 2017, 14:49

Well the liquid leather has arrived...my experience with it

Did not use the cleaner as I have been using Dr leather on the seats since I got the car in December.

So straight on to the conditioner....front seats have white stitching and I was bit concerned that the product would discolor the stitching...It hasn't, so, so far so good.....trouble is though...the front seats look like the originals the rears though look completly different to the fronts. More of black shiny colour if that makes sense...also it's the same as all the other cleaners...i.e it looks like I have missed bits on certain parts of the seats (only the rears) so go over again with the product for it to look like I have missed other parts, so back again trying to get an even finish but unable to achieve it.

Impressed with what it has done to the feel of the rear seats though as some of the leather felt rough and old (although car only 4 months old) before using the product and it now feels new and subtle.

It's good stuff but feel like it has left a sheen on the rears which I hope the Dr Leather cleaner will sort out after I have let the conditioner get in to the seats.

EDIT...couple of hours after doing the seats, I would have to agree with one of the reviews on amazon that the product smells like TCP

14 Jan 2020, 10:24

can anybody give suggestions on how to restore/minimse this wrinkle on passenger seat? is getting worse day by day.. [smiley=bigcry.gif]
somebody told me to try with steam, any more detailed procedure?
thanks

19 Jan 2020, 09:47

Wet towel and heat, just go careful, i've had success with a heat gun but you do need to be careful not to burn it.

Heat the leather and then keep wiping over with the wet towel, alternatively start with a wet towel on it and apply heat to the towel.

19 Jan 2020, 09:59

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR7N4ZtnWmc

19 Jan 2020, 20:54

thanks a lot for the link!
can I try with an hair dryer? :roll:

20 Jan 2020, 19:34

Hair dryer will work just not as well and will take a lot longer!

21 Jan 2020, 08:45

ok thanks, I will try to borrow a heater from a friend

07 Sep 2020, 08:47

Anyone looking for a good coloured balm for cream leather seats, this one works amazing.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CREAM-Leathe ... RdPyJ#rwid

Photos and review here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/CREAM-Leather- ... r=8-4&th=1
By WJS on Aug 17, 2020
Post a reply