Audi TT Forum banner

(CANCELLED) Swiss Die Pässe Auf TTour 2017

28K views 303 replies 15 participants last post by  RuuTT 
#1 ·

After the last TTour in 2014 people kept asking for a rerun, seeing the amount of fun we had together it would be rude not to :). So after some secret preparation I have some good news; if you like, we can do it again!

One change with the previous tour is that this one will not be an official TTour affiliated with the Dutch TT Club but I will run this on personal title. Shouldn't change much but still worth a mention to prevent confusion.

So what can you expect? Just like last time, the plan is to go a short week to, you guessed it, Switzerland and the Alps. With the help of some local knowledge, routes will provide a nice mix of autobahn, twisty roads and of course, tunnels! On the nature side of things we will be seeing some waterfalls, mountain lakes, steep cliffs and even a glacier. In the routes will be some of the nicest stretches of (pass) roads in Switzerland, Austria and northern Italy with some spectacular photo opportunities along the way. We will revisit some of the highlights from the previous TTour as well as some all new routes.

To get you in the mood a video of the last run;

Everybody signed up will recieve a detailed tour document with all the routes, the route schedule and all other important info. More info about the last TTour can be found here; viewtopic.php?f=54&t=331846

PRICES AND PROGRAMME

The Dutch part of the tour will start at sunday morning 25th of June at 8:00 AM. For you we have arranged a hotel night the night before at the four star Bilderberg hotel De Bovenste Molen in Venlo, including dinner. So you will arrive on saturday the 24st of June so you can start the journey nice and relaxed. Also, a return ferry booking Dover <> Calais will be part of the package. The hotel will also be the starting location, so we will leave from your doorstep. We return with the Dutch on friday the 30th of June at 18:00 PM at the same hotel, where you have another relaxing night, dive in the pool and visit the sauna and drive back on saturday July 1st.

For people who'd like to make their own ferry arrangements it is possible to skip the Dover ferry and get a discount, contact me for details if you would like to use that option.

RESERVED SPOTS (DUTTCH):

RuuTT - 1 pers. [CONFIRMED]
WimTT - 2 pers. [CONFIRMED]
Tgm - 2 pers. [CONFIRMED]
QuattroTTS - 1 pers. [CONFIRMED]
Marcelles - 2 pers. [CONFIRMED]
chief386 - 2 pers. [CONFIRMED]
Epco - 1 pers. [CONFIRMED]
Evilbrt - 2 pers. [CONFIRMED]

RESERVED SPOTS (ENGLISH/BRITTISH/SCOTTISH :)):

j8keith - 2 pers. [CONFIRMED]
Templar - 2 pers. [CONFIRMED]
V6Rul - 2 pers. [CONFIRMED]
Redtoy - 2 pers. [CONFIRMED]
TT-Phil - 2 pers. [CONFIRMED]
Hardrhino - 2 pers. [CONFIRMED]
Spike - 2 pers. [CONFIRMED]
Samoa - 2 pers. [CONFIRMED]
lorijay - 2 pers [CONFIRMED]
brittan - 1 pers. [CONFIRMED]

See less See more
1 3
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi RuuTT, mate went on a similar tour of passes & tunnels last year in his Z4M + porker clan & came up with pic below. Said it was worthy of the bucket list. Put me down as a maybe for +2 as presently sorting new job.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451827747.000896.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Attachments

#8 ·
Hi RuuTT.
Julie and myself would like to go on the list please.
Better start getting Janice ready now as she is having a few changes.. :wink:

Hopefully Keith will give us a regular countdown..

I'm going to make a concerted effort to keep both front and back vid cam's running as Julie will be in charge of IT
Steve

#11 ·
RuuTT said:
Very nice Steve, duly noted!

Curious to see which new upgrades the mountains can put to the test. I remember something with a pool of liquid on a parkinglot at a hotel from last time.. :)
These warm puddles often occur next to the passenger door on my AUDIs during European excursion pit stops...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#12 ·
It's one of the ongoing issues to resolve water leaks on a closed loop system that has increased in volume over OEM and runs high boost..the expansion of coolant pre-thermostat will try and escape from the weakest point.
Hopefully some HPA hardlines will help the situation.
Other things too improve upon are exhaust gas flow and turbo A/R.
Steve

#13 ·
V6RUL said:
Hi RuuTT.

I'm going to make a concerted effort to keep both front and back vid cam's running as Julie will be in charge of IT
Steve
I think that it is 437 days until we book in to the Premier Inn Eastern Docks, not that I'm counting.

#14 ·
j8keith said:
V6RUL said:
Hi RuuTT.

Steve
I think that it is 437 days until we book in to the Premier Inn Eastern Docks, not that I'm counting.
Does that include the leap year..
Steve

#19 ·
V6RUL said:
j8keith said:
V6RUL said:
Hi RuuTT.

Steve
Does that include the leap year..
Steve
Yep :)

#21 ·
Templar said:
You're at it again already Keith :lol:
When you are my age it helps to pass the time :lol: :lol: :lol:

#25 ·
V6RUL said:
It's one of the ongoing issues to resolve water leaks on a closed loop system that has increased in volume over OEM and runs high boost..the expansion of coolant pre-thermostat will try and escape from the weakest point.
Steve
I saw on Wheeler Dealers Ed Charles used some non-aqueous cooling medium. Because there is no water, it does not boil. This may be of interest to you? > http://www.atomicperformance.com/browse ... allon.html

#26 ·
missile said:
V6RUL said:
Steve
I saw on Wheeler Dealers Ed Charles used some non-aqueous cooling medium. Because there is no water, it does not boil. This may be of interest to you? > http://www.atomicperformance.com/browse ... allon.html
Saw that program he was working on a TR6, the stuff certainly seemed to do the job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.