Audi TT Forum banner

Armrest for RHD

52K views 45 replies 19 participants last post by  Lyons 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Been considering a mk2 for a while now, been on a couple of test drives and have found the cup holder/handbrake being on the wrong side pretty annoying!

Is it possible to get an armrest that fits in the cup holder?

Just thinking its something that might annoy me when I purchase my TT :)

Cheers!

#29 ·
#30 ·
talk-torque said:
Yep, me too. Anyone do Japanese? I reckon a group buy on this might go quite well.
You could use someone like dankedanke.com to organize the shipping ect. as most domestic Japanese countries don't usually offer international shipping. I used dankedanke for buying some splitters from an online Japanese auction site, the extra cost was very little :)

#31 ·
conneem said:
ScoobyTT said:
I have a vision for an armrest that fits the cupholders per Mikesding's original post, that mirrors the handbrake, but I have no means of making one :roll:
Like this ;)
Rather like that yes, but using a duplicate of the Audi one and aligned with it. That one looks very nice from the driver's side though. It keeps the feel of the original rather well.

#34 ·
Looking at the Japanese arm rest I can't help but think it looks rather low down to act as useful support.

Having lived with my 'ttarmrest.com' version for a few days now, I am very pleased with it: it is at the correct height, unlike the mk1 version which sat too low, and allows easy access to the handbrake.

Finally, it is well made and complements the aluminium trim very well.

#37 ·
Some of the old guard on here might remember this one, pictured on page 7, which the guy made quite a few of:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=127577&hilit=armrest+cupholder&start=90

It uses an OEM armrest pad on top of a fabricated arrangement which fits into the cupholders. A bit like the Japanese one, but higher. I don't think any of the people involved are on here any more, but the ideas are there for anyone to make something similar.

Sorry for fans of the tt-armrest, I know it's a quality product in many ways, but since I heard it described as looking like an ironing board, I haven't been able to take the price seriously. If the leather was folded and stitched more like the OEM pad, or more like the Japenese one for that matter, it would look £££'s better IMO.

#40 ·
talk-torque said:
Some of the old guard on here might remember this one, pictured on page 7, which the guy made quite a few of:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=127577&hilit=armrest+cupholder&start=90

It uses an OEM armrest pad on top of a fabricated arrangement which fits into the cupholders. A bit like the Japanese one, but higher. I don't think any of the people involved are on here any more, but the ideas are there for anyone to make something similar.

Sorry for fans of the tt-armrest, I know it's a quality product in many ways, but since I heard it described as looking like an ironing board, I haven't been able to take the price seriously. If the leather was folded and stitched more like the OEM pad, or more like the Japenese one for that matter, it would look £££'s better IMO.
:lol: Now you mention it, it does look rather like an ironing board!

Having said that, the actual 'subframe' is very oem in appearance, so perhaps a combination with a more padded rest would be the answer. The rest on the handbrake would be far too narrow.

#41 ·
Lyons said:
LOL, at the ironing board comment.

Any word from scar in the last few years? His looks ideal.
I've not been on this forum much for a couple of years in fact since I bought one of scar's creations and it has served me well for 2.5 years-now selling the TT so the armrest is for sale-black with silver stitching-anyone interested?

#42 ·
OddBod said:
Lyons said:

I've not been on this forum much for a couple of years in fact since I bought one of scar's creations and it has served me well for 2.5 years-now selling the TT so the armrest is for sale-black with silver stitching-anyone interested?
Yes do you have photo's?

I have seen the photo's that scar put up of the plain black one but would like to see the silver stitched version.
Also what is the base made from and does it fit snugly into the cup holders?

#43 ·
Id like a reclining footrest and breakfast tray on mine :p
If you want an arm rest buy a Chair something like a Lazy boy, if you driving a car you hand should be on the steering wheel !

Sorry rant over, really dont get this cup holder arm rest thing. + the after Market one look reall ugly imo.

#44 ·
OddBod said:
Lyons said:

I would be. Any photos?

#45 ·
Sorry folks I'm having great difficulty doing anything on this site/forum probably due to inactivety in the past and subsequent authorisation issues. I have tried to post pictures but to no avail and had private posts re this armrest but I'm not allowed to respond to those-sorry again.
The situation is this the armrest is still in the car at the moment, and I have taken pictures. I will advertise it on ebay within the next week or two when the car is gone.
Cheers,
Jeff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.