Audi TT Forum banner

Badger 5 / oem airbox

18K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  StuartDB 
#1 ·
Have a badger 5 TIP but am struggling to fit the oem airbox there just doesn't seem to be any room ... I have a cone filter on at the moment but I just don't like the noise it makes any tips for making fitting of oem airbox easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
you need to trim it if there is a heat shield too, otherwise the TIP compresses. dont trim the turbo end, you might want to leave the bottom loose until you rotate it into a relaxed position, when I just had a cone filter on the end of the tip it looked much more comfortable.

you could do what I did and put some foam on the bonnet above the heat shield to try and shield some of the sound.

#7 ·
Delta4 said:
TT Tom TT said:
Get a sharp knife and cut off an inch or so at the MAF end. You can cut nearly a perfect circle if you use your MAF and a jubilee clip as the 'stencil'.
You can say that again :) , i tried that did'nt work for me so install a huge cone filter instead then made a enclosure for it to keep the racket down :lol:
Hi mate got any pics of the enclosure

#8 ·
im still to do this to mine after having it on the car 12 months, lol

but then i dont really feel like chopping it, makes selling it easier if i ever do, plus what performance gains are involved, if any ?

#9 ·
Terry63 said:
Delta4 said:
TT Tom TT said:
Get a sharp knife and cut off an inch or so at the MAF end. You can cut nearly a perfect circle if you use your MAF and a jubilee clip as the 'stencil'.
You can say that again :) , i tried that did'nt work for me so install a huge cone filter instead then made a enclosure for it to keep the racket down :lol:
Hi mate got any pics of the enclosure
Got pics but it's so simple to put in words, have a look at the forge mk4 r32 induction kit, the cylinder part of the kit i made from a sheet of black plastic, it's a snug fit over k&n s2000 filter

#10 ·
infidel.uk said:
im still to do this to mine after having it on the car 12 months, lol
but then i dont really feel like chopping it, makes selling it easier if i ever do, plus what performance gains are involved, if any ?
for someone with a beach buggy hybrid turbo, if you really dont believe the oversized TIP adds anything put back the stock one and get it mapped to see if it reaches the 309bhp you have?

#19 ·
Tried to get it to fit this morning even with trimming the angle wasn't right and it was slightly compressing the TIP into an oval shape ..... ended up doing this for now at least it will be sheielded from the heat a bit and will get colder air from the duct that goes to the inner wing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#21 ·
Hi I need help I currently have a audi tt mk2 v6 3.2
When stationery my engine rocks I thought it was coil packs needed replacing so I changed all 6 spark plugs Plus a new coil pack and new oil air filter and oil filter but still rocking only one stationary plug-in to a snap on computer today and 1 4 and 5 cylinders is misfiring any Solutions on way to get this done?? [smiley=bigcry.gif]

#24 ·
StuartDB said:
also HOGG got his TIP all the way up to the MAF Sensor - do you not have a lip? <-- that is not supposed to sound like a "and that's what she said moment"
So can I add you guy's did away with the secondary air pump pipe ?
I only ask as having great difficulty in finding a replacement, even if I can get one I have a greater use of over £75 !
Also don't want to go down the cone filter road, especially as it's been proved many times that the improvements if at all any are negligible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.