Audi TT Forum banner

2 years of ownership of TTS

529 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Toshiba 
#1 ·
It's just come up to owning my tts for 2 years.

Audi rang and said I'm now due another service. I argued it had one last year on its first birthday and that I've only done 6,000 miles in the 2 years of ownership and it shouldn't need another oil change yet. He agreed but still insisted that I need a £200+ 'check up'. Is this right ? And how can they charge that much just to check it over ? Surly because it's covered by warranty they should check it over for free and do anything that needs fixing under warranty.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

#2 ·
Is this the inspection service?

Sounds like an absolute con to me and when I tried to get my local dealer to explain what is was they came back saying it was like the old minor and major services...I wasn't convinced they knew what they were talking about.

#3 ·
if you have the fixed (9,000 miles/1 year) plan and not the flexible (19,000 miles/2 years) one, I guess it should be correct that you have been asked for the second service and inspection at the end of the 2nd year of car ownership

#4 ·
A car being used for that milage will be on a yearly service as recommended by Audi.
The variable schedule of upto 19k miles is for those owners doing more than 10k/year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.