Audi TT Forum banner

Forget F1 - this is racing

581 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  StuartDB 
#1 ·
Mini vs Alfa GTA at Goodwood .....

#8 ·
Hoggy said:
StuartDB said:
Or if anyone goes on about Lewis Hamilton is only good because of a car, this is him aged 13 beating the 15 year olds... After winning the previous 2 year's classes below...

Hi, He is still a spoilt brat with no personality.
Hoggy. :D
Coming from Stevenage, I will have to disagree - he probably had the most "variety" factor out of all the other drivers, which of them (before covid) would spend 90% of the off track time making music, racing motorbikes etc.. look at Bottas who's highlight of his entire career was saying "to all my critics - f*** you" when he actually won a race after Lewis had been put back 10 places.. and when Lewis first started he was a bit of a Groseon eg he would rather crash than come second where-as Groseon would rather crash than come 10th.

maybe slightly spoilt, if he was a Brat that was Keke Rosberg's fault who "virtually" adopted him to try and teach Nico how to race properly (eg using a private jet, helicopter etc) - but Lewis' own limit of being spoilt was to go to the only "sort of" religious school in Stevenage which used to be a boys school, but became John Henry Newhman - his dad spent all his wages on a cart for him, his mum left them and moved to Sandy because his Dad's obsession with Lewis and they essentially had nowhere to live (eg sharing his uncles flat's living room) until McClaren sponsored him.

I have to admit on twitter, I complained a lot as Lewis used to thank God when he won a race( which annoyed me), but he stopped doing that when he was constantly reminded 2000 engineers and analysts have made him win... and not God.

I would like him to return to McClaren for his final year, they nurtured him.

It is really easy to become jealous of other people's success - but I prefer to embrace it.. are you just a bit angry he got a bluepeter badge when he was 8?

--------------------------

Saying all that I disagree with him preaching about the climate and flying his dog on a private jet, or saying people should be vegan whilst driving a car which does 4 MPG, or saying he will ask the drivers refusing to take a knee why they are not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.