Audi TT Forum banner

Black Edition Center Dial?

4K views 43 replies 9 participants last post by  Ace McCloud 
#1 ·
Hello all,

Is anyone able to confirm to me that the black edition has the centre dial display for a none TTS/RS model?

The model I've ordered is a 40TFSI that will come out in September.

Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#27 ·
j77drs said:
It's an extra as already advised on be models,
Definitely wasn't on mine (well they took the £150 for it!). There's no logo, but it includes the power and torque meters to the right of the centre dial and the option to have the G force meter to the left.

#28 ·
I phoned up yesterday and was told that it wasn't an option.

Slightly bummed about this so I gave Vag car coding a shout and was told that it would cost £80, needed to be done before the first 100km and that it wasn't possible to remove the TTS/RS badges.

#29 ·
Ace McCloud said:
I phoned up yesterday and was told that it wasn't an option.

Slightly bummed about this so I gave Vag car coding a shout and was told that it would cost £80, needed to be done before the first 100km and that it wasn't possible to remove the TTS/RS badges.
So if it wasn't a option,is it on the car or not

#30 ·
This is pic of mine. Further investigation of the audi configurator online seems to indicate only available as an option on quattro models (sport, sline, black edition and vorsprung)

Attachments

#38 ·
tristan2 said:
Ace McCloud said:
https://youtu.be/fjkxlcECXxc

That doesn't mention Quattro either and that has the dial...it's also a facelift...
There's is Quattro on the dash and on the front grill
Damnit. I was focusing too much on the title. I'm just looking too hard now. Thanks.

#40 ·
Heath said:
My black edition tt, not tts or quattro has the centre dial layout but does not have the power/torque dials. Hopefully yours will be the same. I remember when I picked it up the salesman saying it was on the facelift models.
Correct my local dealerships says the centre rev counter is standard
Just wont have the g meters etc

#42 ·
Paul.3177 said:
Just got my black edition this weekend and it has the centre dial mate. And it's not Quattro
Thankyou Paul, we finally have a definitive answer, and a picture to confirm. It does however make you wonder just what exactly Audi are providing for the £150 sports dial option on the Quattro versions. Most options on the configurator offer an information tab to detail precisely what is included, this one doesn't. At a guess it must just be Torque and G meters and possibly the lap timer function.

#43 ·
Barmybob said:
Paul.3177 said:
Just got my black edition this weekend and it has the centre dial mate. And it's not Quattro
Thankyou Paul, we finally have a definitive answer, and a picture to confirm. It does however make you wonder just what exactly Audi are providing for the £150 sports dial option on the Quattro versions. Most options on the configurator offer an information tab to detail precisely what is included, this one doesn't. At a guess it must just be Torque and G meters and possibly the lap timer function.
It really does seem £150 option for nothing really

#44 ·
Here's hoping! I've been given week 34 for when my car will be completed however it will realistically be September before I'm able to give an answer if mine has it too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.