Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went online to renew tax and an got hit with the £400 charge!!

They do say sorry but that does not make any better.

After £1290 this month and the car goes no faster

service £300
Tyres £540
Fine £60
Tax £400 !!!

might have to change to lease, at least work pay a contribution

not happy chappie

at least the car still gives me some pleasure and puts the smile back on my face
shame about the weather

·
Registered
796 Posts
This Green Tax is a load of CRAP :evil:

Why can we not have a standing charge, like Elec/Gas,then pay for what we use. We might then be more inclined to walk/cycle/whatever.

Like many peeps on here,my annual mileage is around 4k which equates
to = 3,583lbs Carbon Dioxide per year.

12k will emit about 12,387 lbs per year,yet we will both pay the same tax of£ 400+ :roll:

As from today,I'm walking nowhere& giving me bike away. If I'm paying for it,might as well use it :p

Bunch of Wankers :twisted:

·
Registered
84,234 Posts
Roadhog said:
This Green Tax is a load of CRAP :evil:
Yep he might have had a better chance of people believeving he was being green if he had just upped the road tax on new high CO2 producing cars these older cars are already on the roads so how will taxing them more cut CO2 :evil:

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
Not up to speed on the new bullshit taxes, but i'm assuming mine is gonna be a tad on the high side :lol:

Is £400 the max for a continuation (i.e. not that new car showroom tax bollox).

·
Registered
421 Posts
The show room tax as I understand it only comes into effect in 2010 on new cars.

I think it is a safe bet to assume current road taxes will rise at ridiculous rates, especially as it is supposed to be "discouraging" people from driving big engined cars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.