3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know alot of people are haunted by this fault DTC
but i have finally sorted it
it was coil packs
my 3rd set
car pulls well through the range now
before 3000-4000 was hesitation city where id be thrown when heavy accelreating
doesnt seem to be occuring now but will take out later when roads are quieter to see if hesitation has been rid of.

i will post this Q in a diff thread but :- mobile speed cameras do they flash if you have sped ?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Hi there did anything come up on your dash as a fault or just wasnt driving right.........

what are the signs if you have this fault......... just wondering

·
Registered
289 Posts
chrishTT said:
i know alot of people are haunted by this fault DTC
but i have finally sorted it
it was coil packs
my 3rd set
car pulls well through the range now
before 3000-4000 was hesitation city where id be thrown when heavy accelreating
doesnt seem to be occuring now but will take out later when roads are quieter to see if hesitation has been rid of.

i will post this Q in a diff thread but :- mobile speed cameras do they flash if you have sped ?
Hey man, great to hear that you've had some success with the 17705 code. Did replacing the coilpacks clear the code and stop it coming back?

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i uswed to clear the code but still would happen even though id get vagcom on it and the code wouldnt appear for a few days or so
but the fault was still there (as it was the coils) they had to be replaced

also the dealers were awesome had discount
4 coils and a brake light switch - total 82 quid

going out when the getting home from work rush is over and open it up and see what happens
as im tooooo scared to give it a beating as i remember when to back of before the hesitation would kick in and throw me so i have to get over the fact it aint guna do it .

but my remap feels lost if you know what i mean
is it because my ecu is not used to boosting like it should will it overcome this
ive been driving round with the 17705 prob since sept 07
does the ecu need time to adjust to the remap now its firing right?

any help would be awesome

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.