Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above I've searched on here but I haven't found much apart from "buy a 225" which is irrelevent to me as I have a 180 that cost me next to nothing from Mrs with fsh etc. Any way the car will be having a gt2860 (which will be arriving pretty soon) tubular manifold etc but I want to get front mount, turbo back etc on and sorted first...would a 180 golf gti one fit? Are uprated 180 fm worse then 225 fm? Any help will he appreciated
Cheers

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Just a thought isnt the 180 inlet from the drivers side? So an FMIC will need a return leg would it not be better to get a 225 inlet manifold and standard 225 FMIC?

What are you doing to the internals on the 180 when you fit the BT ?

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Correct. Inlet on other side Its an advatage in a way as loads of Inlet manifolds to choose from :p

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems the running a 225 inlet may be the best route, is there much to do in term of work for that? Or is it bolt on? Internal ill deffo be going for uprated rods but I've read that they share the same mahle pistons and will be safe to run about 350bhp...also not sure if its true but I read the 180s run slightly lower comp then the 225 is that correct? I'm pretty new to 20vT but have a few mates running 300+ polo gtis etc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts