Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, as it says. this is my 1st fault code 17978 and its only shown from tonight. does anyone have any info on the code? done some googling but didn't come across much. ill be able to get to a vagcom on saturday but as per usual... slightly worried.

Thanks in advance :cry:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahhh nice jamman, ross tech wiki 8) 8) 8) 8)

but oh what....? its electrical [smiley=book2.gif]

:oops:

·
Registered
31,647 Posts
Did you try and start the car once and the immob. cut it out ?

Clear the code Charles it will be fine it's no biggie unless it happens all the time.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jamman said:
Did you try and start the car once and the immob. cut it out ?

Clear the code Charles it will be fine it's no biggie unless it happems all the time.
i think you could be bang on there mate, i did try and start the car about 3/4 days ago and i thought to this moment that i just didn't turn the key for long enough but as i looked at the dash the little immobilizer light just went off. then i just turned the key again and it was fine, like normal.

so if i get a code come up.. best thing to do is take a note of it, then clear it and if it come back next time you start then the problem persists?

thanks for the reassuring words jamman ;)

·
Registered
31,647 Posts
I would always find some info about fault codes before clearing anything otherwise your just doing the old ostrich head in the sand trick :)

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ahhh right, so you can clear it and it may not appear back again but still could be a problem? sneaky...

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,342 Posts
Hi, Turn Ign on & leave for 15 seconds before attempting to start usually cures it.
Hoggy. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts