Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this has already been covered....forgive me as I must have missed it.

The latest issue of the Belgium car mag "Automagazine" says that in addition of the Tdi TT, Audi will be making available the quattro drivetrain (Haldex) on the 2.0 200 BHP TT.

This means you will have an entry level Tdi, the 2.0 with available quattro and the TTS with quattro and 272bhp.

I love my 3.2 V6 quattro but admit I'm starting to feel like a Crested Shelduck (Tadorna cristata).... :oops:

·
Registered
691 Posts
i reckon this is all good news.

quattro is audi's thing ... other car manufacturers do RWD ... but if you can't have that i'd take quattro over FWD in a high powered car.

the problem with quattro though, is that it saps power ... i test drove a 225bhp Mk1 TT a number of years ago and have to say I was a little underwhelmed, I thought 225 bhp would feel awesome, I wondered what was wrong, until someone pointed out where the power was going.

so, whereas a FWD 2.0T might not be all that much slower than a 3.2 with quattro ... it's quite likely that a 200bhp 2.0T with quattro will be considerably slower.

of course, that's not to knock the 2.0T engine, the TT-S is going to be plenty quick enough ... but at £35K it's getting a bit pricey.

in which case i think there's probably still a market for the 3.2 ... if you can get past all the hippy tree hugging taxation issues, of course :wink:

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Why?

Sounds reasonable to me, I would still opt for the 3.2 for the smooth V6 however, it gives people more choice.

200 BHP or 250 BHP and a 272BHP. If you like Turbo go for 200 or 272 if you like V6 then go for 250. Good stuff!

·
Registered
31,059 Posts
20TQ will not appear in the UK.
It will hit the USA 100% no idea about the other markets.

·
Registered
31,059 Posts
AUK said they wont be offering it.
Will that change - maybe, but so might AUKs view on the seats.

I'd guess it would impact sales of the T, and from what i understand AUK make alot of money from the base model, more than they would from the TQ. All about ££££s again.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Toshiba said:
20TQ will not appear in the UK.
It will hit the USA 100% no idea about the other markets.
It is definitely coming to Belgium. I still have not figured out why they never offered the S Line in the UK, so you may well be right about the quattro - possibly a concern that it would canibalise sales of the TTS. The importer and dealer network in the UK seem much more manipulative of their market than elsewhere. Guess when you're the biggest market for a product, you can afford to be....

·
Registered
691 Posts
sico said:
sombutsi said:
and we in the US only get DSG with TTS
Yes, I can see from your passport records here that your a US citizen. :wink:
ooh, topical :lol:

·
Registered
876 Posts
Yup same in South Africa, my dealer says there are no plans to bring the 2.0TQ or even the 2.0TDI here yet.

With the B7 A4 they only brought the 2.0TQ A4 here a few months ago when they needed to clear stock from the factory. They new people wanted the Q on the car so they put Q and sold quite a few A4's clearing their stock :) - prob what they will do with the TT

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well, you think you have problems . . .

In Oz they are bringing over the TT-S but are going to REDUCE the power level. Supposedly to deal with our hot climate . . . sif the US isn't just as hot in places like AZ and NM

·
Banned
4,962 Posts
497 TT's sold last year in the Netherlands.

AUDI.NL should feel a-shame. The MK2 will never be a succes like the MK1 in a thousand year's.
I think the dutch knew that the new TT still has the same "name" as the first did. Too many woman and hairdressers drove one.
So i don't think the MK2 will be a succes in the netherlands.
I don't regret it, i bought one. I drive for weeks without seeying a MK2.
It stay's exclusive that way.
Audi.NL will introduce the 2.0TQ into the dutch market, same as the TDI

·
Registered
31,059 Posts
Is that because you are all poor in holland?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Aussie Nick said:
Well, you think you have problems . . .

In Oz they are bringing over the TT-S but are going to REDUCE the power level. Supposedly to deal with our hot climate . . . sif the US isn't just as hot in places like AZ and NM
Yup they did the same thing in South Africa with the S3 here its 188kw and not 198kw also to deal with the heat.....

·
Registered
230 Posts
If the 2.0ltr Quattro was available from day 1, I would not be upgrading to the TTS.
Also when will the 3.2 be FSI like the A3's and new A4?

Paul

·
Registered
31,059 Posts
The 265FSI V6 doesnt fit in the body of the TT.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.