quattro sport rep wheels with loads of tread on them
full service history
cambelt tensioners and waterpump changed @63500 miles
£9250 pm me or ring me on 07754901654

car is located in Llanelli South wales

·
Registered
61 Posts
I agree - I was thinking about getting a SLK so put my 52 plate 225 on ebay with a 7500k reserve and it didnt make that! Mercedes offered me 6500 for it. lol. I think I'd rather keep it as an ornament than give it away.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
holynougat said:
I agree - I was thinking about getting a SLK so put my 52 plate 225 on ebay with a 7500k reserve and it didnt make that! Mercedes offered me 6500 for it. lol. I think I'd rather keep it as an ornament than give it away.
ffs! :eek:

·
Registered
260 Posts
No one seems to be buying anything at the minute. I had our Cooper S for sale for 2 months, didn't get a single call despite reducing the price by £1,500. Ended up selling it back to Stratstone Mini in the end, there was just no interest at all :?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
pbarlow003 said:
No one seems to be buying anything at the minute. I had our Cooper S for sale for 2 months, didn't get a single call despite reducing the price by £1,500. Ended up selling it back to Stratstone Mini in the end, there was just no interest at all :?
Did you get the price you wanted?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Do you ever :?

Needed to sell it as the company car had arrived, and it was stupid paying out each month for a car which was barely used.

I could have probably held out for a better price privately, but for the extra hassle, it wouldn't have been worth the extra couple of hundred pounds.

I couldn't understand why it wasn't selling, it was a good spec, only 10 months old, 6k miles, TLC pack, 2 and a bit years warranty, perfect car!!!

Dealer gave us £15,250, they're now seling it for £16,995, so someone could have bought it privately and saved a fair bit, but i suppose something's only ever worth what someone is willing to pay for it :?

Your TT's 8) by the way, i used to have a V6 TTR and i still miss the noise of it. I can't believe how cheap the V6's are going for now, seems absolute madness. I'm quite tempted to wait a year and then pick one up for <£10k!!!!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
pbarlow003 said:
Do you ever :?

Needed to sell it as the company car had arrived, and it was stupid paying out each month for a car which was barely used.

I could have probably held out for a better price privately, but for the extra hassle, it wouldn't have been worth the extra couple of hundred pounds.

I couldn't understand why it wasn't selling, it was a good spec, only 10 months old, 6k miles, TLC pack, 2 and a bit years warranty, perfect car!!!

Dealer gave us £15,250, they're now seling it for £16,995, so someone could have bought it privately and saved a fair bit, but i suppose something's only ever worth what someone is willing to pay for it :?

Your TT's 8) by the way, i used to have a V6 TTR and i still miss the noise of it. I can't believe how cheap the V6's are going for now, seems absolute madness. I'm quite tempted to wait a year and then pick one up for <£10k!!!!
Well I hope mine sells by then! :wink:

Sorry for hijacking your thread pj225! :?

·
Registered
260 Posts
It was a really good car, as long as you don't need anything too practical. The back seats aren't great, nor is the boot, but its a fun car to drive, and its quick, it only weighs about 1300kg so it feels nimble and "chuckable".

We drove down to the South of France in it for our holidays last year, and it coped really well, although i don't think the seats are as comfortable as those in the TT.

We had ours for 10 months from new, and we averaged about 40 mpg, we had the TLC servicing pack for 5 years too, and i think road tax was £135 per year, so it really is an affordable quick car, just the initial purchase price which seems steep compared to many other cars.

We didn't have a single thing go wrong with it while we owned it. The only thing which lets it down is the run flat tyres, they crash and bounce all over the place. I think they come as standard only on the Cooper S, so if you get a Cooper rather than an S, you'd be okay. If we'd have kept the car longer, i'd have put normal tyres on when they needed changing.

All i'll say is go out and get a test drive, and see what you think. Our car was a Cooper S with Chilli pack, chilli red paint, 17" alloys, half leather/cloth, heated seats, and that was pretty much it, and that cost about £18.5k, but had everything we needed. You'll find many 2nd hand cars that have been specced up with £6k of extras, we just didn't see the point!!!

I have to say, if we were looking now, and spending £18.5k, i'd be sseriously looking at a used Mk5 Golf Gti for the practicality, or even waiting for the new VW Scirocco, which i think is starting at that price.

To sum up, i'd happily have another one, i just don't think they're a practical prospect if you have kids, certainly no more practical than a TT coupe

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok thanks for that , i have been looking at a 2 month old cooper jcw but 21k seems an awful lot for a mini. anyway car is on ebay now item no 320239712757 with pics if anybody is interested

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.