Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, new to the forums; I purchased an 2002 Audi TT about two months ago; it came the Audi-Concert Bose System...

Now being the novice that I am it was the first thing I wanted to get rid of because the lack of bluetooth connectivity and mp3 incompatibility...(I came from a 1995 Jetta that had a sony headunit with all the bells and whistles so I was spoiled to syncing my phone and playing music)
I purchased the following head unit for my tt:
ALPINE CDE-HD137BT bought a wiring harness as well as the amp adapter for the boss kit... I went ahead and got it installed...
It sounded great...there was only one issue..I would hear a loud pop every time i switched sources, changed tracks, hit basically any button on the unit even switching radio stations...it was kind of annoying but the quality was still decent.. anyway I got annoyed with it...so I went back to the stereo shop that I had it installed and asked them for a solution, they examined what was happening and quoted me a $150 for an amp-bypass kit..okay fine I'd bite the bullet as long as the loud pop would go away...got the car back..the pop was gone..relief...Audio CD's played beautifully (none mp3) thats all I had at the moment, but when I switched to my usb device or stream through bluetooth mp3 quality absolutely horrid. its so distorted that its at the point where I had to have the fader fade to the rear four levels R4 to make it bareable, the bass is horrible, the highs are too high..it just sounds terrible...I am really at a loss on what to do.. I really don't to seem like an pestering customer; and complain..because 1) I don't know if its an issue with my car or its supposed to be like that..has anyone experienced this..I just want good quality again after spending nearly $400 on the system and install I am frustrated..it was better when I had the stock unit and my 6-disc changer...would like some thoughts and opinions

Regards

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Not sure what an amp bypass kit is other than to take out the filtering and level adjustment that the Bose does. As to the original problem all you need are a couple of ground loop isolators for the line in connectors, would have sorted this for a fraction of what you paid...sorry to say :-| Sounds like you need to go and get your $150 dollars back and talk to us first :p
Nice Head Unit bye the way......
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Boss-Audio-Groun ... 418wt_1163

1 - 2 of 2 Posts