Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

For the past couple of years I've had a Black TT Quattro Sport to play with. It's been a great car, lots of fun, but I've just been offered a company car on a deal which is too good to turn down.

So, I am wondering what my QS might be worth now, should I sell it.

Spec is as follows:

55 Plate - First registered 30/12/2005 (as dealer stock), with one other previous owner
Roughly 12,900 miles on the clock
Phantom black with black alcantara/leather interior
Heated comfort (not bucket) seats
Bose sound
Audi CD player/radio plus 6-CD Changer
Cup holders
Luggage net

It's in great condition overall, but in the spirit of honesty one of the alloys needs a little work as there is a slight kerbing and a some corrosion next to it. Everything else is spot on.

It's still under the manufacturers 3 year warranty until 30/12/08, and it will be fully serviced and prepped before I sell it, as it came with two years' free servicing from Audi when I bought it.

It was listed as just over 30k in January 2006 and I paid 23k for it in October that year, but I have no idea what it's worth now. Any ideas anyone?

Also, where's the best place to sell it? Autotrader or pistonheads?

Cheers,
Gary

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've looked at Parkers and Glass's online guides, but they vary so much from about 15.5k to 18.5k that I have no idea what to pitch it at.

I thought someone here might have a better idea of what it might go far, based on fact (i.e. recent sales) rather than the theoretical prices you get in the guides. In the past I've found that Porsche forum members were pretty much on the nail with pricing when I was selling those.

In the end I might just walk into a dealer and ask them how much they would give me for it, but I'd like an idea first of all as to whether they are taking the p*ss!

Cheers,
Gary

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Yer your right mate. To be honest though yours is the 1st QS I've seen on sale on here and I've been a member for over 6 months. That in itself makes it quite difficult to price I guess.

Sure someone will be along with better advice, best of luck.

Matt

·
Registered
41 Posts
There are five for sale on Pistonheads ranging from 17.5K to 19K, this should be a fair guide mate.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Wow, you were the second owner, had it for two years and its only gone 12k?? Did you ever drive it?

I barely got in my car last year and still managed 10k in 10 months! I dont even travel to work in it!!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
I baught a QS at a dealership 10 days ago for £18,850. Nov 2005 with 30k miles. Audi had three on the database at that time all the same price. Guessing on a private sale you cant offer extended warrenty etc I would say £1,000 or 1,200 less than that for a private sale. So would guess you should be asking for £17,500 - £17,750?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone.

As I suspected, a really useful set of answers. I think 17k sounds like the right sort of figure, so I will start there and see how it goes.

I'm waiting on the lead time for the company car to be confirmed, but when I know this I'll take some good pictures and put the ad on Pistonheads (and here of course!) for 16,995.

Fingers crossed eh?

It's a great car, and very quick for the money, so I hope someone out there is looking for a bargain!

Once again, many thanks for all the replies.

Cheers,
Gary

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.