Audi TT Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
97,209 Posts
What I can't seem to find out is what exactly out of those faults would cause the TPMS alarm to come on. Each time I start the car no alarms whatsover, then I drive about a hundred metres or less and the TPMS light appears every time now.
Hi, As the TPMS uses the ABS system, the ABS module fault will certainly cause it.
Anything to do with Haldex or ABS will cause the problem & probably be difficult to diagnose without replacement, so start with the cheapest to test/refurb.
Hoggy.:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hi Steve, what you say sounds very interesting and I would like to know more. I have lots of questions and any help welcome. If I give you an email perhaps we could chat off-line?
Some basic stuff like: where is it, do I need it up on a ramp, do you get your own part back, why can’t it be driven? etc….

Thanks for the reply, Mike

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hi, As the TPMS uses the ABS system, the ABS module fault will certainly cause it.
Anything to do with Haldex or ABS will cause the problem & probably be difficult to diagnose without replacement, so start with the cheapest to test/refurb.
Hi, totally agree, I do have a 3rd party warranty when I bought it which may be good for some of the monies. Yesterday I went to Coventry Audi in their palatial showrooms etc. the overheads must be enormous thus the labour rates accordingly, I think a DIY would be best suited, at least then I will have learned something.

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
97,209 Posts
Hi, totally agree, I do have a 3rd party warranty when I bought it which may be good for some of the monies. Yesterday I went to Coventry Audi in their palatial showrooms etc. the overheads must be enormous thus the labour rates accordingly, I think a DIY would be best suited, at least then I will have learned something.
Hi, Not sure about the MK2 haldex, but the MK1 bolts to side of Haldex (2 bolts) limited access, so on a lift would be easier & oil is lost when removed, so don't drive it.
Probably much the same on the MK2, hopefully someone will confirm.

·
Super Moderator
2007 3.2 VR6 Quattro Roadster
12,979 Posts
Haldex info and service info can be found here in the Knowledge Base -

·
Registered
2006 TT Mk2 3.2 VR6
629 Posts
I have 2 ramps, and my driveway slopes, so basically I could get the car level, but with loads of space under the rear. The Haldex controller is attached with 2 hex socket bolts. 4mm Allen key, if I remember. I have a set of hex bits for 3/8-drive wrench, but there wasn't enough space to get it on the bolt head. I used an ordinary Allen key with a tube over the long end to give more leverage.
Taking the bloody VAG electrical plug off took me longer than undoing the bolts.

Mike, I'll send you a message vis this forum. You can either ask me other questions on that or I'll include an email address.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts