Care to elaborate?? :?: :)

Edit: Ah, I see - a member of the 200mph Club. Wow!! :p :eek:

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Demessiah said:
and they call the TT a girls car

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You can zoom between all your hairdressing appointments much quicker than before now :lol:

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
moro anis said:
Sounds like some motor. You must be chuffed,
Is it easier or less scary on 4 wheels rather than 2?
Not done it on 2 wheels so cant say but my car is a roadster so it was noisy as hell, over 180 it feels like the roof is going to be torn off :cry:

·
Registered
980 Posts
wont believe it until there is proof Im afraid, everyone knows speedos are way out ! but even so if in reality it was stil close to 180mph thats pretty cool

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
I'd be VERY surprised if you hit 200mph. I've actually tried in a car supposedly capable of 208mph (Gallardo) and we ran out of road going downhill at about 195mph (genuine). The last 15-20mph are very hard to get on a public road. If you have a banked track, then you can just keep rolling round and winding it up but it takes a long, long time in my experience.

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
I'm pretty sure the manual gearbox is maxed out at 193mph although with the hybrid turbos the limiter will be increased so a bit of a mute point there. Perhaps 200mph on the clocks can be done but take 5% (10mph) or so off that for speedo inaccuracy and it would be a genuine 190mph. Is 500bhp enough for a genuine 200mph, hmm, not sure.

Good efforts though, you would have needed a large section of the German autobahn to do that :wink:

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
No way a genuine 200mph with those specs unless gearing/wheelsize/rev limiter have been altered!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah it was on the clocks, I didnt set up timing gear or anything official but that will do for me, I feel like a man now (even though ive cheated) :lol:

Its better than Ive had before, saw 175 in my old standard RS (supposed to be limited) and 180 in my old TTS (bluefin) both on the clocks. Ive got a great piece of autobahn I know and Ive never had a car that hasnt gone faster than its supposed to on that road. Its about 4 miles long, all downhill with only very very slight bends and you can be doing about 130 in the RS as you join it so you have alot of time to get the speed up. Every car Ive had has been right to its limit on there.

·
Premium Member
27,106 Posts
Mitchy said:
I'm pretty sure the manual gearbox is maxed out at 193mph although with the hybrid turbos the limiter will be increased so a bit of a mute point there. Perhaps 200mph on the clocks can be done but take 5% (10mph) or so off that for speedo inaccuracy and it would be a genuine 190mph. Is 500bhp enough for a genuine 200mph, hmm, not sure.

Good efforts though, you would have needed a large section of the German autobahn to do that :wink:
Maybe VMax offer a chance to find out..but the runway is not that long.
Will be next year probably, before I try my luck again.. :roll:
Steve

·
Registered
545 Posts
Wasn't the TT Shop timed at 189 at V max? I did one run with Vince at that and it was either 179 or 189, can't quite remember. Bruntingthorpe is hardly the best surface or long enough to really find how fast max is though. They had removed the fixed spoiler to help.

I managed 171 at Marham in the pissing rain, but didn't use all the runway to build up speed. And braked too early. The speedo was reading 160 at that.

Edit:
Good on you Demessiah for holding it flat for that long! A deserved 200mph club membership

·
Premium Member
27,106 Posts
The North vs South RR day is a chance to see what you can get, obv wind resistance, or lack of it won't tell the whole story.
I think VSPURS managed 192 to the limiter in 6th at the last one.
I will be trying this time round in 6th with a limiter of 7400rpm and an increased diameter wheels.
Steve

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
moncler1 said:
Wasn't the TT Shop timed at 189 at V max? I did one run with Vince at that and it was either 179 or 189, can't quite remember. Bruntingthorpe is hardly the best surface or long enough to really find how fast max is though. They had removed the fixed spoiler to help.

I managed 171 at Marham in the pissing rain, but didn't use all the runway to build up speed. And braked too early. The speedo was reading 160 at that.

Edit:
Good on you Demessiah for holding it flat for that long! A deserved 200mph club membership
At Vmax200 I recall the TT Shop car timed at 186mph but only 183mph with me weighing down the passenger seat.
By comparison mine (approx 400bhp) did 169mph and the speedo read approx 180.
I've repeated the indicated 180mph+ a number of times on Autobahns but since such roads are hardly local, dropping onto an unrestricted section that's long enough and clear enough is very much pot luck.
Setting cruise at 145mph was a novelty though. :)

I find that mine accelerates quickly to about 130mph but that's where it begins to tail off. The same effect was noticeable in the TT Shop car but not until 150mph.

The standard RS with the speed limiter raised is supposed to be capable of 174mph. I suspect it would take a few miles and maybe a tail wind to achieve that.

The cars at the Vmax that exceeded 200mph included Ruf CTR3, SL600 & Monaro(4 up).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts