Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, can anyone give me some guidance here on how to fix a roof issue on my mk2 TT 2010
At the end of the opening cycle the windows won’t always return to the top leaving the light on in the dashboard. When the roof is closed the cycle works ok it’s just on the opening phase. Is this linked to the servos?

thanks lee

·
Super Moderator
2007 3.2 VR6 Quattro Roadster
12,979 Posts
I would first start with a window reset and see if that sorts it. Doesn't really matter if the top is up or down when you do it -

• Ignition on - DON'T start engine
• Both windows all the way down
• Then both windows all the way up
• Let go of switches momentarily, push the buttons up again and hold them for 3-5 seconds
• Release the buttons

If the top isn't operating as you'd expect; e.g. windows still don't function quite right, hesitation in locking or failing to seat and latch correctly or the roof flaps aren't moving properly, etc., then run a fault scan and see what fault codes are being reported. Even if there are not faults reported, it would still be worth doing the Roof Flap Servo cleaning as a preventative maintenance.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
My TT has been doing exactly the same as you described, Lee. Windows stuttering on opening cycle only.

I did as SwissJetPilot suggested and it’s working perfectly again.

Thank you SwissJetPilot for the great tip 👍🏻

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have reset the windows now and out of 6 attempts to drop the roof back it has only stuttered once. Fingers crossed it was an easy fix. Thanks for all your help.

I also had the abs light on intermittent then all the time, separate issue. Was really thinking about putting it in a garage as I couldn’t get under the car due to surgery. In the end I opted to do the job myself and put 4 new sensors on it and bingo all fixed. It was worth a shot for £15 and it paid off.👍

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
I have reset the windows now and out of 6 attempts to drop the roof back it has only stuttered once. Fingers crossed it was an easy fix. Thanks for all your help.

I also had the abs light on intermittent then all the time, separate issue. Was really thinking about putting it in a garage as I couldn’t get under the car due to surgery. In the end I opted to do the job myself and put 4 new sensors on it and bingo all fixed. It was worth a shot for £15 and it paid off.👍
Mine shuttered again today. First time since window reset yesterday. I think I may need to clean the flap servos but I’m frightened to do it. I have VCDS but I’m not 100% competent with it yet. Other than that, an absolutely amazing car.

·
Super Moderator
2007 3.2 VR6 Quattro Roadster
12,979 Posts
@ freakyeke - Give it a go! It's really pretty straight forward. Just take your time and do one at a time. Hardest part I found was opening the case. Just can use an old hotel key card or aluminum strips from a soda can to keep the clips wedged open as you work your way around. Take some pictures as you work so you have them for reference in case you get in a panic. There's not that many parts in there so you really can't go wrong if you just take your time.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
@ freakyeke - Give it a go! It's really pretty straight forward. Just take your time and do one at a time. Hardest part I found was opening the case. Just can use an old hotel key card or aluminum strips from a soda can to keep the clips wedged open as you work your way around. Take some pictures as you work so you have them for reference in case you get in a panic. There's not that many parts in there so you really can't go wrong if you just take your time.
Thanks SwissJetPilot. I'll give them a clean once I get a bit of free time. The windows are currently behaving themselves on the open cycle. They have not stuttered once since the weather has turned cooler. Which suggests that the grease inside the servos is becoming more liquefied during the hot weather and causing problems.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
SwissJetPilot, I cleaned the servos this morning. It was very straight forward. I took photo's of the servos as I dismantled them to help me re-assemble. I didn't need to use VCDS afterwards. The roof is working like a dream. Thank you (y)
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Asphalt Road surface Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Camera lens Automotive design

EDIT: The hardest part was removing the white cable retaining plug near to the electrical connector :confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts