Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This vehicle is stock, as in ZERO upgrades. No ECU or TCU upgrades. ...yet.
If I install APR's Carbon Fiber Intake System, bone stock, will it throw a code? Has anyone tried this?
I know my engine is a little different than those in the UK, as I am in the US. Pic below. The pic is missing the little bracket for the TT, but it will have that, too. I am not 100% certain this is going to fit, but I have a potential STEAL of a price. Thanks for any input and feedback.
Luggage and bags Camera accessory Bag Tool Font

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,363 Posts
Is there somewhere for the MAF sensor to fit still?

Reactions: DustinC

·
Registered
715 Posts
You're not going to get any codes but you will get the foolish noise from the intake lol.

I'm not sure of the question though, are you trying to buy an intake for another car with a similar engine (like an A3, GTI?) and fit that to the TT; or is the one you are looking at specifically for the TT?

·
Registered
2012 TT Quattro S-line, WMI-HPA K04 Stage 2+, with OEM+ hardware
229 Posts
My TT doesn't have a maf sensor on the intake pipe, but a MAP sensor on the intake manifold. My Racingline intake is similar to this.

You will not get a code by simply installing a less restrictive intake pipe, however, you won't get any real performance gains from it either unless you plan on upgrading a bunch of other stuff (basically stage 2 and onwards) later on.

You could get better performance at a cheaper price by simply installing a tri foam drop in reusable filter from Racingline. If I were to have kept my car stock, this would have been the only thing I would have done to the intake.

Best

·
Registered
229 Posts
Worthless without extensive mods. Buy a downpipe and sport cat, you'll get a good jump in performance and then you can map it for an extra 50-70hp

Agreed. However, I think the OP just wants the intake kit because he can get a good price on it.

OP, If that's all your doing, then its a waste of money regardless of how cheap you can purchase it.

At the current boost levels your using at stock (11psi), the only real restrictions are the exhaust, but even then, you'll need to purchase a software tune to deal with the error code from the upgraded DP for a boost increase of 8-10 PSI over stock, that's around a $700+ investment on top of the DP cost.

If you truly want to feel better performance, invest in lightweight wheels and premium tires.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for the replies. My vehicle doesn't have a MAF, only a MAP sensor. Unfortunately, I missed the boat on the super cheap deal. Not a problem; I will instead dedicate funds towards braking and ECU/TCU upgrades. I am not looking to do crazy upgrades. I just want to enjoy the drive. Thank you, Everyone!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thank you all for the replies. My vehicle doesn't have a MAF, only a MAP sensor. Unfortunately, I missed the boat on the super cheap deal. Not a problem; I will instead dedicate funds towards braking and ECU/TCU upgrades. I am not looking to do crazy upgrades. I just want to enjoy the drive. Thank you, Everyone!
Braking and suspension is definitely a great place to start, the only problem is that it gets very expensive almost immediately. Keep it stock, enjoy it for what it is.

I've got a chip on my shoulder and wanted a German Sports car to be in the 12 second range (faster than a few same period 911's and other European sports cars), be great at Auto X while driving me to and from work . After literally spending thousands of dollars on my car, I came to the conclusion that I would do it all over again, but the point I'm trying to make is that the rabbit hole goes deep and we all come out a little more Mad Hatter then when we went in.

Stay stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts