Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the time has come, after months of anticipation and excitement, it has finally arrived.

Whose going to be watching it? Anyone actually managed to get tickets to be at the actual event?

Have we got any haters? Personally I haven't really been that into it, I am sure once it is up and running I shall be loving it!

Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I absolutely love the Olympic Games as an incredible spectacle of human endeavour and achievement, but I have to say everything that goes on around it such as the endless weeks of the torch relay and the opening ceremony tends to leave me quite disinterested.

I have to be honest the one at Beijing was something else - absolutely jaw dropping - but unless it's done on that scale they tend to be somewhat naff. I always wondered why spend all these millions on it when for a fraction for the cost you could book The Rolling Stones, The Who and Pink Floyd and put them on the same stage for the greatest concert of all time. I know what I'd rather go to see.

However this is our home games so I will be watching - but to be honest I'm really just waiting for the sport to start.

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Not something I would perhaps usually be interested in, but I'm currently sat in the hotel room for the evening near Heathrow with nothing else much to do, so will have it on.

Will leave the forum open and anyone can join in discussion as it happens then :)

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Sorry not for me at least i'm away for the 2nd week of the games. roll on the footy season.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've just sat down to watch it now. It could either be epic or shite...

Only time will tell!

Sweepstake on whose going to be lighting the torch?

Beckham?

·
Registered
31,647 Posts
Just popped round mums to say hello and watch it......

She's recording it and watching................. BIG fecking BROTHER

Going to put her in the chest freezer for 10 minutes as punishment :wink:

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jamman said:
Just popped round mums to say hello and watch it......

She's recording it and watching................. BIG fecking BROTHER

Going to put her in the chest freezer for 10 minutes as punishment :wink:
Actually just lol'd at this!

To be fair, James Bond and Queenie....pretty fcuking epic!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jamman said:
Errrr why are the announcements first in frog opps French ?
Politics.

To do with the Olympic Federation, main geezers a frenchie... :?

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
My moneys on ROger Bannister to light the cauldron.

Sooo not wanting the watch this stuff - I don;t really do sport apart from F1,TTC and shopjumping.

Find I have a rather 'cant be arsed with the Olympics' stuff but downloaded well over my limit watching the torch relay cos I loved that!!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I'm not a fan of the traditional sports but I like to watch certain events. I would never have tuned in for the ceremony but I got stuck at work and got home just as this was starting...and now I can't switch off in case I miss something! :lol:

Massive thumbs up to the choreographer - what an amazing achievement on a massive scale! I bet their stress levels have been through the roof! :p

·
Registered
31,647 Posts
j4zz_x said:
What a load of crap! And this is the highlight!
Sorry not at all I didn't go a bundle on the start but I love the music :)

Way too many people with a downer on the Olympics :(

The Jam, The Specials, The Sex Pistols... I LOVE IT...... SO DIFFERENT

Anyone spot Kes did my A level on it ?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
To be fair I was pretty pessimistic! But it's actually turned out quite well, I am well up for the games now!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.