1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2007 3.2 VR6 Quattro Roadster
12,580 Posts
This post from the Knowledge Base should help -
This is my 2007 pre-face lift -
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

The Face-lift has a slightly different approach but still the same location.
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Hood

Car Vehicle Plant Tire Grille

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,363 Posts
Note those photos of the black car above are mine and they tow eye thread is only visible without the fog grille backing plate removed because I cut it out for ease of access at trackdays, you would otherwise need to remove that part too which is a pain. Not sure how the RS compares

Reactions: TT'sRevenge

·
Registered
715 Posts
Note those photos of the black car above are mine and they tow eye thread is only visible without the fog grille backing plate removed because I cut it out for ease of access at trackdays, you would otherwise need to remove that part too which is a pain. Not sure how the RS compares
Ohhh so this would explain why the one on my car is missing on that side. I guess the car was towed at some point and no one put that back on. That piece is insanely expensive for a piece of plastic too--I think it's like $80 :oops: last I checked, hence why I haven't bothered replacing it.

Will probably have to find a used one in order to replace it, if I ever do. In meantime...better cooling I guess? :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
3.2 V6
5,363 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
See what kind of price posted you get with these https://www.lllparts.co.uk/product/...er-right-o-s-genuine-audi-8j0807152f/id/35917

They tend to be a little below dealer prices but sometimes postage negates it
Hmm 37 pounds which is about $60 CAD but I imagine postage will bring that up to...around $80 which is the lower end of what I see on eBay. Some are listed for as high as nearly $130 CAD. The dealer price for this in Canada is...wait for it...$178! For a small piece of plastic!

Though I don't think all models had the backing plates on both sides either... I fitted this bumper myself and my V6 prefacelift had blanked grilles on both sides so I did the same
Oh really eh? Yeah it looks...odd without them, but I'm sure it had them when new since the other side does have it. When I got the car I actually had wondered if there was even supposed to be something there because that is where the took hook goes in, but yeah it looks way too "off" with it open like that. But I still refuse to pay $80 for something like this--I'd sooner Jerry-rig something myself from some thin plastic before that!

I expected it would be like $40-50 at the stealer--still expensive but hey factory part and all they cost money--but $178? That is some madness right there! LOL

• Wow
Reactions: MT-V6
1 - 7 of 7 Posts