Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to fit a 225 twin exhaust backbox onto a standard 180 exhaust system? Are the pipes the same diameter or do you need a shm? I so, where can you get one please!

Thanks

·
Registered
84,386 Posts
You just need a 225 exhaust a 225 or V6 rear valance and a sleave making to join the 225 exhaust to the 180 cat as the 225 and 180s have different size cat pipe work

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hi Lefts,

I did this mod only the other week, and as YellowTT said rear valance and a sleave.

I messed around and got one of ebay that was the wrong size and then went to the TT shop and got the correct thing for the job (Connector sleave) it was about £30 and well worth it too.

The only other thing i used was one of the old c clamps off the 180 exhaust, because i felt it worked bettter than the U clamp supplied with the connector sleave.

Easy job, should be done in an hour them smiles and some miles for your efforts

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
I have a 225 backbox fitted to my 180. It is one of the easiest exhausts to remove. You will need a different sleeve 180 exhaust is 50mm and 255 exhaust is 60mm. then fit a new exhaust valence and your done. If you are looking for a 225 backbox PM Charlie I am almost sure he has one is stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.