Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i am on the look out for a mk1 tt, which is the better car the 3.2 or 225 i am looking to buy a 05/06 plate. also i want to carry out a few mods which car will i get more bhp from? cheers

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
really hard to decide on this one.

a 225 might be cheaper, but modding for power is easier i.e. a remap at say £300 would see about 265bhp which is more than a v6. a v6 remap probably might be close to it.

v6 package on front bumper etc. looks better, but sits higher so need to sort out suspensions

depends on what you have in mind, what you use it for, mileage,etc.

·
Registered
92 Posts
225 with remap and many other mods will get you big BHP. You could well spend a small fortune but with big BHP you need the stopping power too then probs occur it can become v.costly bearing in mind its 1.8T. V6 again spend a small fortune and get insane bhp too.

I opted for the V6 l [smiley=dude.gif] love the burble the looks the engines great sounds great & DSG can be brilliant when in full working order..

At the end of the day the choice is yours............

·
Registered
883 Posts
qooqiiu said:
V6 for the soundtrack.

225 for everything else. :wink:
As above, if you remap a 225 you can expect a bhp increase of approx 45 bhp, remap a V6 and gain approx 18 horses.

225 much better for tweaking mate :wink:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would suggest that you think twice about buying a TT if you need 4 seats, the back seats are tiny, there is no legroom and unless you remove your head you will need to keep the boot open - I dont have children but I'd not be putting them in the back of a TT if I did!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The back seats will not be used alot just the odd 5 min journey, my child is 3 so should just fit ha, the new tt is just as bad for room. if any one hears or knows someone selling a 225 or v6 with low mileage and an 05/06 plate can you keep me in mind. i have test drove the new v6 and was not impressed and my father has the 2.0fsi and thats slow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.