Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My TT as been on the drive for over 10 days - I have just started the car and I had 3 beeps from the boot ! does anyone know what this is?
:?

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Defo alarm battery.

Can replace just the battery there is a good how to somewhere. As long as the circuit board hasn't fried from battery acid its a cheap repair.

Otherwise look for a used alarm they are the same from some other VAG cars just need to check the connector is the same

Just found the how to......viewtopic.php?p=792942

·
Registered
686 Posts
Mine has done it a couple of times when I haven't used it for a while, but once the car is back in regular use it stops.
I also switched on the "beep when alarm armed" feature using VAGcom which lets me know the siren still works.

So I would give it a couple of days. If it doesn't do it again, don't worry about it.

Sean.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the help -
I will keep my eye / ear on it....if it needs replacing then I will do that - looked around this site - Changing the battery looks a very messy thing to do.
I think I will buy a new complete unit

Adrian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.