Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.

Offshore at the moment. The wife has emailed to say, that the 500 miles until service indicator is flashing up on my car.
I was thinking of trying to buy as much of the things I need for the service myself, then just get my local indy to carry out the work!
Question is, what would I need? :?

I can recall the last service he mentioned the haldex, but it was never done. Other than that, I think the services have been pretty standard all costing around £200-£300. Which is making me think this one should be a biggie! (For peace of mind). :)

Thanks as always, Stuart.

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,349 Posts
Hi Stuart, Depends what was done at last service, minimum would be engine oil & filter, Haldex oil & filter & possibly spark plugs, depends what was done last time.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
83,930 Posts
Yellow has only covered 36k but at his 10 year service I had full service + gearbox diff haldex oil brake fluid changed and the oil strainer in the sumo checked you could also get the fuel filter changed

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
Why not do the Fuel filter yourself. The hose clips can be a little fiddly otherwise if you can jack it up and change a wheel you can change a fuel filter. It's in front of the rear right wheel. Have some paper towels ready and you should only lose about a tblsp of petrol.
Also worth taking the spark plugs out for a look and check. Even if they only need the gap checking and a clean it's worth removing them and re-torquing them in so they don't seize if not been out for a few years.

Also don't forget belts need changing after time even if the miles are low.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hoggy said:
Hi Stuart, Depends what was done at last service, minimum would be engine oil & filter, Haldex oil & filter & possibly spark plugs, depends what was done last time.
Hoggy. :D
I can remember the plugs didn't get changed last service, as I'd recently changed them myself. But they might be due for renewal (was quite a while ago)! Obviously oil and filter got changed, air filter also. But not haldex as I mentioned, so I'm assuming this will need done. Maybe brake fluid also....? :?

Would it be an idea for me to buy the haldex kit and all the other stuff, ready for the indy to do? If so, where's the place to buy it all!? Baring in mind I'm offshore, so would have to be online purchases......

Thanks for your suggestions Hoggy! :)

·
Registered
83,930 Posts
Haldex oil should be changed every 20k oil and filter every 40k brake fluid should be changed every 2 years

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
YELLOW_TT said:
Haldex oil should be changed every 20k oil and filter every 40k brake fluid should be changed every 2 years
Nice one YELLOW! Haldex is a must then by the sounds of it. Brake fluid also, as I've just had the car 2 years and it hasn't been changed since I've owned it.

Can you recommend anywhere to buy haldex kit/oil/filters/etc online......!? :?

Thanks, Stuart.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts