Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having trouble with my car in that it just didn't feel quick enough so I had it plugged in at vag technik (eccles) and it showed a breather pipe fault, so I had all of these replaced at a cost of £150 I also decided to have a new air mass meter fitted for good measure, It is now like a completely different car- It absolutely flies.

Now for the THANK YOU, My car was great for a day.... until the battery light came on indicating an alternator fault I booked the car in to have a new one fitted, How ever a couple of days before it was going in I read a few posts on the forum about changing the regulator... I decided to give it a go as a new alternator was heading towards £150 fitted and the regulator was £19.99 from a guy in Warrington who deals with these day in day out (15 sold the same day I went). So after an hour of me fitting it at home... success no more battery light and it now starts on the button.

so again THANK YOU as you have saved me about £130

TT-225-silver-grey leather-soon to have rs6 alloys :p

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sounds like a good result mate. I bought a VAG cable and must try it out as im sure mine should be a bit quicker also. Im not sure if its just because im comparing it to the Pulsars and Skyline GTRs i had before it but even so it does feel a bit under powered for what it is. After reading this its top of my list for things to do in the morning!!

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely try the breather pipes and air mass, 1 pipe was broken another had come apart and the other one had collapsed inside, so it was letting out/sucking air in and choking itself.... hopefully you won't have the alternator problem like I did.

TPS in Stockport sorted me out... £105 for the three (genuine parts), fitting was done by a friend as you have to take the inlet manifold off to get at them but it was well worth it !!!

Let us know how you get on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts