Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I get back to my car at Manchester Airport long-stay car park after 18 hours of solid travelling back from my honeymoon. The first two suitcases slot nicely into the boot, seats down (obviously), when it comes to the third and final case. The wife suggests we push the front seat forward and slot it in that way, but in my wisdom I decide against doing that so as not to scuff the leather.

I have a much better idea - lifting the rather heavy case over the back shelf and in. And this is fine, until that is I lose my footing on the gravel and force the suitcase and my considerable body weight onto the shelf, with inevitable consequences. I haven't snapped the shelf itself, rather one of the plastic 'clips' onto which the shelf slides onto. The problem is, I seem to have snapped it off where it fixes to the car itself, making it tricky to fix.

First question - can I get Audi (or anywhere else) to supply (and potentially install, given the mess I've made) a replacement 'clip' or will I have to buy the whole unit in its entirety? I can't be the first person to have ever done this!?

Secondly, I've also noticed in the last few days that the brushed metal interior door handle has picked up a number of rather nasty looking scratches. I've since realised that I've been inadvertantly doing this since I've been wearing my wedding ring - the ring's fine but I've scratched the hell out of the handle! I know this is only a minor thing, but it's really irritating when I've kept the car pretty much pristine in the roughly 18 months I've had it.

Again, does anyone know if this is something I can get replaced through Audi or anyone else if it's cheaper?

Cheers

Jonny

·
Registered
547 Posts
Congratulations on your wedding!!! Sorry can't help with your question.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Poojah said:
I've since realised that I've been inadvertantly doing this since I've been wearing my wedding ring - the ring's fine but I've scratched the hell out of the handle! I know this is only a minor thing, but it's really irritating
I can imagine - but I know the answer - decision time I'm afraid - your new wife has to go :p :p :p

but seriously - congrats on your wedding :wink:

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
Congrats on the wedding also correct on the title of the thread :wink:

You have a third correct (Bit like the X Factor auditions) when saying you cannot be the first to break the parcl shelf bracket. See topic viewtopic.php?f=19&t=289882&p=2361757&hilit=parcel+shelf#p2361757

I am sure that I have seen the door handles for sale on eBay in the past, might be a good place to look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts