Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do's..?

Anyone here in the know regarding the brakes, quattro system and Sports ESP on the TTS?

Are the uprated brakes the same as the ones on the 3.2..? Are they simply uprated from the standard 2.0T or are they TTS specific?

Same sort of question for the quattro too. Same as 3.2 or reworked along with the 'Sports ESP mode'..?

Lastly, will the Sports ESP allow for simultaneous use of both brake and throttle as some remaps do?

Ta [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

·
Registered
180 Posts
Janitor said:
How do's..?

Anyone here in the know regarding the brakes, quattro system and Sports ESP on the TTS?

Are the uprated brakes the same as the ones on the 3.2..? Are they simply uprated from the standard 2.0T or are they TTS specific?

Same sort of question for the quattro too. Same as 3.2 or reworked along with the 'Sports ESP mode'..?

Lastly, will the Sports ESP allow for simultaneous use of both brake and throttle as some remaps do?

Ta [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
you forgot. . . . . .

And Can i get Access to them to take it all apart and CLEAN them :eek: :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hello Janitor

ESP - Allows controlled drifting in sport mode
Quattro - Latest Haldex coupling and S/w with quicker response
Mag ride - 10mm lower
Brakes - Uprated over the 3.2
DIS - High def, white with lap timer.

I am going for manual for ultimate control.
No doubt the ESP brings all these things together when pushing on.
Quattro, ESP, mag ride and braking all controlled by ESP.
Not as nose heavy as 3.2 so is much more tail happy.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for that Paul [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

The 'drifting' and 'lap timer' don't do a lot for me in truth but it would be nice to know if brake and throttle can be used simultaneously for heel and toe rev matched downshifts under braking

·
Registered
230 Posts
Never came across this problem with my TT.
That was a manual aswell.
As a sport / light track focussed car you would hope heel toe is possible.
Have you ordered?
When is it due?
I have been told June / July.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can indeed raise the revs on downshifts as usual, but as soon as you hit the brake pedal, the throttle is cut. Not a problem of course for normal driving, but taking things a little further could be frustrating

To be fair though, I wouldn't necessarily say that a TT or even TTS is track focused - just a very capable road car

I have ordered - I picked up a first slot allocation from a member here. No idea on anticipated delivery as yet - just waiting for the Dealership to fully confirm my spec changes with Audi Germany

Will be keeping a keen eye on this process and securing Commission Number etc after some of the recent threads here [smiley=deal2.gif]

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Jersey Paul said:
the difference is just one new esp mode where asr is disabled but the esp is still enabled. disabling the esp completely is possible in every TT, that's not TTS exclusive.

and i'd like to see how drifting works with a normal haldex model, where you can't get more than 50% of the power to the back... ;)

Jersey Paul said:
Brakes - Uprated over the 3.2
any source for that? i never found any specs about the brakes and only got told they are the same as in the 3.2.

Jersey Paul said:
Not as nose heavy as 3.2 so is much more tail happy.
oh yes, those awesome 15kg the car is lighter :)
believe me, you wont feel a 1% weight reduction. if the 3.2 next to you has the tank filled just 2/3 he'll weight the same as your car with a full tank.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Just read the new brochure - seems to all be there.
As you say , no real detail.
Would be nice to have some.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Janitor said:
if brake and throttle can be used simultaneously for heel and toe rev matched downshifts under braking
isn't that done automatically if you have a dsg? at least that's what i'd expect from an 'intelligent' gearbox :)

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
der_horst said:
and i'd like to see how drifting works with a normal haldex model, where you can't get more than 50% of the power to the back... ;)
Hence the question der_horst

This from Audi press release:

Ultra-sporty quattro® four-wheel drive for the Audi TTS

The quattro® four-wheel drive system drive has been specially matched to the Audi TTS and now distributes the propulsive power between the front and rear wheels even more quickly. If necessary, the power can be distributed continously variably, with up to 100% being guided to the front or rear wheels. This translates into a further improvement in traction and handling characteristics. The result is that the vehicle can for instance accelerate out of bends even sooner. The powertrain that has been uprated for the Audi TTS also ensures that the 350 Nm of torque are applied to the road with ruthless efficiency. The driving stability in all situations is correspondingly high.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
der_horst said:
Janitor said:
if brake and throttle can be used simultaneously for heel and toe rev matched downshifts under braking
isn't that done automatically if you have a dsg? at least that's what i'd expect from an 'intelligent' gearbox :)
It might well be. I expect you can enjoy that just the same from the passenger seat then..?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Janitor said:
If necessary, the power can be distributed continously variably, with up to 100% being guided to the front or rear wheels.
that is true, but if you keep in mind that the transversal platform always gives power to the front wheels (it's mounted that way and has a more or less direct connection) you can only achieve 100% at the back when the front wheels are e.g. on ice, i.e. don't have any grip at all. on normal surfaces you can never get more than 50% to the rear wheels.

it's sad if you intend to drift, but for fast track times that should be no real limitation (at least it wouldn't be a reason for me not to go for a haldex car in this price range).

concerning the dsg: well, i like the idea of having a perfect gear handling even if i'm not really involved. there's still some more actions to make a car drive and that you'll still have to do all by yourself :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Janitor said:
To be fair though, I wouldn't necessarily say that a TT or even TTS is track focused - just a very capable road car

I have ordered - I picked up a first slot allocation from a member here. No idea on anticipated delivery as yet - just waiting for the Dealership to fully confirm my spec changes with Audi Germany

Will be keeping a keen eye on this process and securing Commission Number etc after some of the recent threads here [smiley=deal2.gif]
But you've only just picked up your current car!! Is it because you've polished all the paint off it now? :)

Where are you ordering from? Not bothering Preston Audi again, are you?

·
Registered
180 Posts
spook said:
Janitor said:

But you've only just picked up your current car!! Is it because you've polished all the paint off it now? :)

I doubt he will . . . .

I find them difficult to buy a car form, they wont give you a price until you convince them its a deal. . . .how?

I have an A4 for work, wife took it in Friday as key stopped working, they changed battery for her - and of course it didnt work as its lost the program - ohhhh no cant set that for you , we are too busy you need to book it in next tuesday - FOR A KEY................. I dont think so !

They are not so busy that they cant stop sending me mail and calling me about my A4 being 2 yrs old and needs brake fluid changing......WHAT

car has done 44K miles in 2 yrs, serviced at 18700miles and 37000 miles and it needs to go back in for brake fluid.......... GET A GRIP. I asked Audi customer services if it "needed" doing or was Preston Audi needing to fill up their money chest :eek: :lol:

so me, I'd stay away especially after buying 2 A4's from Bolton and the TT from Stoke ( ales manager moved form bolton to Stoke and he is a good guy)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Jersey Paul said:
Hello Janitor

I doubt it will do much drifting. It will no doubt be able to lurch sideways for a bit but not controlled on the throttle like a rear wheel drive car.

If drifting is your priority buy a BMW Z4M coupe great bargains to be had as they have depreciated at a scary rate.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
jbtco said:
Jersey Paul said:
Hello Janitor

I doubt it will do much drifting. It will no doubt be able to lurch sideways for a bit but not controlled on the throttle like a rear wheel drive car.

If drifting is your priority buy a BMW Z4M coupe great bargains to be had as they have depreciated at a scary rate.
I think it might be a fun "function" in wintertime (during real winter conditions), and I am very much looking forward to test it out :wink:

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
der_horst said:
that is true, but if you keep in mind that the transversal platform always gives power to the front wheels (it's mounted that way and has a more or less direct connection) you can only achieve 100% at the back when the front wheels are e.g. on ice, i.e. don't have any grip at all. on normal surfaces you can never get more than 50% to the rear wheels.

it's sad if you intend to drift, but for fast track times that should be no real limitation (at least it wouldn't be a reason for me not to go for a haldex car in this price range).

concerning the dsg: well, i like the idea of having a perfect gear handling even if i'm not really involved. there's still some more actions to make a car drive and that you'll still have to do all by yourself :)
Good points der_horst, thanks for those :)

DSG â€" fair enough, that’s your taste and no one else can decide that for you [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Kinda reminds me of a Jethro joke though when he got stopped by a copper â€" “Are you the driver of this car sir?”, “Well it’s an automatic, but I have to be there” :lol:

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
spook said:

:lol: Yes I know spook. To be honest, the TTS came right out of the blue. Not really paid that much attention to it or the threads on here, but when a member posted that his circumstances have changed and was hoping to get his deposit back for one without a fight, I said I’d step in, take his slot and sort his deposit should the Dealer play hardball. All worked out cool and I have No.1 TTS allocation with a Dealer not a million miles from Preston, but no, I have no inclination to head back there

Oh and by the way, I haven’t polished my car away just yet… my god someone’s going to get a stunner there! cough*http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/426448.htm*cough

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.