Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I started to investigate my suspected Dashpod issue.

My temperature gauge generally only shows at 70oc but does rise to 90oc but generally stays at 70oc when warmed up. (The 49 trick shows 75oc, but does rise to 85oc odd when 90oc is displayed on the speedo).

Also when I performed an instrument test with vag com, it does end up at 90oc so this makes me think its a thermostat / temp sensor?

My fuel guage thinks half way is empty and when I run the instrument test it does not sit at half way. So I think this is a dashpod problem rather than a fuel sender.

Also the LCD Screen has a few dead pixels which doesnt bother me really.

So really I think I need a new Thermostat and a company such as bba or cartronix to fix the fuel gauge? (cartronix are 30sec down the road from me!).

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
By the sounds of it, you no what you want and the best way is to try it, genraly speaking the thermostat needs replacing on the tts every so often anyway, so may as well give it ago as you seem to of checked all other bases diagnostics wise.

And the dash pod, good luck lol

Tom

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
96,558 Posts
Hi Olibb, I agree with you, replace the thermostat.. :p :wink:
Hoggy. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.