Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Changed my filter for a panel filter (lightly oiled) and its run for a week and then all of a sudden the other day the traction and ABS lights illuminated. This didnt affect the drive and when I plugged an OBDII reader in there were no codes. It seems slightly intermittent and usually comes on when you are accelerating. This morning the idle was a little lumpy and the engine a little hesitant until warm. The rest of the journey was fine after it had warmed up. I was thinking its maybe MAF related but I thought I would come on and ask if anyone had experienced similar. From the searches I have done it seems most people had fault codes show.....

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems funny that it has started to run a little lumpy though. Surely that would not be ABS pump related. Could be two different issues. Is there anyway to check if the MAF is faulty or failing?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Mafs don't like oil!!!!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Try unplugging the maf and then see how it runs

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I know MAF's are not big fans of oil which is why I kept the oiling to a light minimum. I have a feeling that this is what has caused the issue but I am not 100% sure. Its going in for some diagnostics and leak testing with Wak tomorrow so hopefully all will get sorted.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did have all the wheels off recently to freshen the calipers up a little so its also a possibility. I will check later...

·
Registered
28,013 Posts
lordlee said:
I plugged an OBDII reader in there were no codes..
Its possible a generic obd reader will only check for ECU faults and you'll have a fault on the ABS controller hence why you have no codes.

I'll check advise you tomorrow.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have done a VCDS lite scan and it says the following:

00283 - ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Front Left (G47): Mechanical Malfunction

Possible Causes
Excessive Air Gap between ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Front Left (G47) and Rotor
Short Circuit in Wiring from/to ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Front Left (G47)
ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Front Left (G47) faulty

Possible Solutions
Check ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Front Left (G47) Installation
Check Wiring from/to ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Front Left (G47)
Check ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Front Left (G47)

How do I check the air gap?? Also there was resistance from the wires at connector level but I didnt check at ECU level as I cant find where to check that. Anybody any advice of what to do next? Change the Speed sensor again as its an ECP supplied one?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am wondering if its worth changing the ABS speed sensor wiring harness as it seems like the logical next step. Anyone have a working one lying around at all please?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts