Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Mat, I had the same thought myself since picking my car from the garage when they failed to fit the new s/h module for me last week. As you know from our discussions I need to replace my module to get rid of the dreaded exsclamation mark, and although i placed a post on here no one can answer whether I can replace my existing module and pump with a part that differs in part number slightly, i.e. the last letter - an a instead of c. As I am struggling to get the right part (c) at the moment.

My garage said they will fit it but it is a two man job as the brakes need to be bleed after fitting. I looked at it and thought for 2 hours labour costs I would let them fix it and deal with vagcom if it was needed when they return from hols in mid August. I have seen on some ebay adverts that they mention vagcom when fitting a replacement module.

Have you bought a new module and pump and fitted it yourself then ?

Andrew

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was looking at it in the car yesterday as i had the air box out, doesnt look like a big job, bleeding the brakes isnt a issue as ive got the kit for it, my only hesitation is that the abs pump will be dry when fitted and i was sure it you need to run the pump using vagcom to get the fluid around it and/or just setup the pump.

I havent looked to see what letter my pump has on the end yet but i could alway ring audi and ask wether there was any difference in them. All i can see is the 8 or so metal pips running to the pump then the main plug for it.

I would give it ago myself if i had some info on it, but i doesnt look like anyone has done it on here them selfs.

·
Registered
406 Posts
The last letter of the part number you can see on black module (I assume) is important as I have a letter c on my TTR and in error bought a letter e from the same age TT assuming they would be the same (stupid) and the brake pipe fittings are a different size and located differently on the aluminium block, My 4 out brake pipes all run in a row at the bottom of the block and the 2 in coming pipes are centrailised above them (all on the same face of the block) Also the parts were different sizes slightly.

I found by pulling back the electrical connector even with the air filter in place you can read the part number easily,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts