Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just wanted to get your thoughts really. I went out to the movies last night and upon return to my car...I found the glovebox open and my sat nav and sunglasses gone [smiley=bigcry.gif] . I did a inspection of the outside of the car and there was no visible damage at all or sign of forced entry. I am 100% certain that i locked the car :? .

What i am worried about now is that in the glove box there were documents with my home address. If the theives could get into my car undetected surely they could do it again and possibly make off with the car :twisted: . Any advice on how or what to do or gain peace of mind?

BTW I thought this stuff was only possible in the movies (gone in 60 seconds) getting into cars without making a mark. :eek:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
nilanth said:
Hi All,

Just wanted to get your thoughts really. I went out to the movies last night and upon return to my car...I found the glovebox open and my sat nav and sunglasses gone [smiley=bigcry.gif] . I did a inspection of the outside of the car and there was no visible damage at all or sign of forced entry. I am 100% certain that i locked the car :? .

What i am worried about now is that in the glove box there were documents with my home address. If the theives could get into my car undetected surely they could do it again and possibly make off with the car :twisted: . Any advice on how or what to do or gain peace of mind?

BTW I thought this stuff was only possible in the movies (gone in 60 seconds) getting into cars without making a mark. :eek:
Programmed into your satnav was your home set to your home address?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Man ...I think u thought u locked it when u didn't :( happens all the time...

I'm sure u'll be grand, but if u want u can get cheap but brilliant CCTV equipment for the house off eBay - u couldn't get more piece of mind about security then!!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
nilanth said:
yes it was :cry:

dont understand how they got into the car without breaking anything :?
mmm there are ways. But like Janice says I think invest in CCTV, now they know where you live. Are police aware? Have them come to take prints? You got a crime number?

·
Registered
83,929 Posts
Get a good steering wheel lock like stoplok and use it when ever you leave the car or you could get an APR remap with the antitheft code so it cannot be starter with out first entering the code

·
Registered
14,496 Posts
nilanth said:

you will be surprise :wink: :wink:

you can open/close tt's windows by putting key in to the door lock, they probably did that, quite common in east europe to steal car stereos this way ,and no, you don't need original key :wink:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
kazinak said:
nilanth said:

you will be surprise :wink: :wink:

you can open/close tt's windows by putting key in to the door lock, they probably did that, quite common in east europe to steal car stereos this way ,and no, you don't need original key :wink:
Kaz it's a public forum. Why post this? [smiley=argue.gif]

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Janice said:
Clifford alarm system with a nice proxy sensor?? :)
Depends where you park your car, friend has one on his Skyline and he is forever running out to check on it when it goes off!!

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
If someone wants to take your car they will no matter what. Dont worry about it if they wanted the TT they would have taken it. More than likely they are just thieves taking belongings and not car thieves.

I also wonder what people think CCTV will help with? is it hard to wear a mask/balaclava?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Danny1 said:
If someone wants to take your car they will no matter what. Dont worry about it if they wanted the TT they would have taken it. More than likely they are just thieves taking belongings and not car thieves.

I also wonder what people think CCTV will help with? is it hard to wear a mask/balaclava?
You have a choice of stealing a car, one has CCTV above it one doesn't. Not hard to choose which one you would go for. Defiently detour the common criminal, if it has a motion sensor built in.

·
Registered
194 Posts
GPT TT said:
Janice said:
Clifford alarm system with a nice proxy sensor?? :)
Depends where you park your car, friend has one on his Skyline and he is forever running out to check on it when it goes off!!
Yeah! I had one back in the day installed on my second car - was a wee MGTF; I can only assume that a cat jumped onto the roof when the proxy went off it's scared the cat - I came out to see nice clawed scratch marks on the soft top.

But you can set the sensitivity of the proxy :) such an alarm system, crazy sound of them lol!!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Personally 3 big motion sensor high beam lights would detour a lot. Get close to the car and you are lit up by many big security lights, they would run like the wind.

·
Registered
28,013 Posts
nilanth said:

You have a PM, lesson to all is its best to have an additional immobiliser these days as technology for legitimate users has moved on and so has the same for criminals with the right tools.

If they get in , then dont assume the oem setup will save your car.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Tie a piece of string to the underside and to your big toe...

:)

bad times though mate, as above. There's way's around it. I'm contemplating getting a tracker fitted - touch lower insurance but the chances of it being found are higher. Not sure i'd want it back but there's lots of bits and bobs to flog off it to make the money back.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cheers for for all your posts guys ad gals.

I'm not really worried about the monetary value...its more feeling like someone has jumped into your bed and has a good kip without you knowing.

Definitely going to be purchasing a steering lock and going to be doing some research into proximity alarms tonight.

PS lock your glove boxes ; )

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
GPT TT said:
nilanth said:

mmm there are ways. But like Janice says I think invest in CCTV, now they know where you live. Are police aware? Have them come to take prints? You got a crime number?
Couldn't be bothered mate. I know its lazy its lazy of me but i didn't want to wait an eternity for the police to come for two items that can be replaced easily. Plus i really doubt they would dust for finger prints for this type of crime!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts