Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does the after run coolant pump always run once you have turned the ignition off or it is controlled by a thermostat? I've noticed it's not been running recently am I'm hoping it has not died on me! Does anyone know the location of the pump and how long it takes to replace (and cost) if I need to change it.

Thanks,

John.

·
Registered
953 Posts
ive never noticed on this on mine :? ,sorry to hi jack!!! can you hear it running when the keys taken out the ignition then :?:

·
Registered
561 Posts
hi,mine runs for about 5 mins after you switch off ignition,its not thrmo controled,it will run if you switch on/off ign.its located between the rad and engine near the charge pipe/intercooler hose,i think there is a how to on waks site

·
Registered
638 Posts
My run on pump will run for 10 mins even if you don't start the engine, just by turning the ignition on to its first click when the dash illuminates.
Even from cold.

Rhys.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks All,

I'll have to do some investigating tomorrow before I damage my Turbo.

·
Registered
638 Posts
JohnD said:
Thanks All,

I'll have to do some investigating tomorrow before I damage my Turbo.
They are known for going belly up occasionally, not sure about cost of new replacement, check John_H's sig strip for his how to on stripping it and rebuilding it.

Rhys.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
see John-h sig strip he has a how to on there

Also try giving the pump a tap with a screwdriver in case its jammed

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
Hi John,
I had problems with my run on pump for over a month where it was working intermittently. In the end I got a new one from a Bosch dealer in Wrexham and it cost about a hundred quid.
Really easy to fit if you follow the John H guide. I am no mechanic and I did it in about half an hour.
Top tips though - take some pics with your phone before you take it off (so you can remember how it goes back)
Get some of those plastic type wine bottle corks as they are excellent for blocking up the coolant pipes while the pump is off.

Good luck
Matt

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the replies, it has died has power to it so will probably replace it rather than repair as it's about the only original part of the car. It's lasted 140k miles so can't grumble!

Regards,

John.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.