Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right guys was wondering if you cou help, I bought an alpine IDA-X311 head unit to put in my TTC 225 facelift, and I got a wiring harness from eBay to make the wires work, plugged it all in and it's not working :( tried the headunit in my mates car where it works fine and my OEM headunit works fine too. Anyone have any idea where I could be going wrong? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
452 Posts
What kind of setup do you have? is it Bose or non-Bose?
I fitted my pioneer headunit into my QS and did get it working (had to swap some wires around). If need be (and if I remember when I get home) I could pull it out and take some photos to maybe try and help you get your headunit working.

I know the problem I had was I had to have the red and yellow wires connected to maker it work (I'm sure it was the yellow one). The only problem with this is as my car is K-Bus and doesnt have a switched live at the headunit side the radio is always on regardless of whether I have the keys in the ignition or not. This is sorted by remving the fascia (which isn't a problem).

Anyway if there is anything I can do to help just ask away :)

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Swap yellow and red mate, One is switched live one is perminant. Work out which way with a multi meter

·
Registered
780 Posts
Bikerz said:
Swap yellow and red mate, One is switched live one is perminant. Work out which way with a multi meter
+1
I had the same problem when I fitted my Sony and swapping the wires over worked for me.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
or your having the same problem as me and need to run a switched live from the fuse box area..

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
right so head unit all fitted. works finally thanks for all the help guys! had to wire it up to the fuse box.

Now i have a slight issue its kind off annoying so wondered if any of you could help...basically when i turn of the engine and then turn it on all the settings on the equaliser and all the radio stations i put in gets erased and it goes back to standard as if i reset the head unit. anybody know what this is? id it likely to be the head unit itself or the wiring?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts